Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-22-2001, 06:20 AM   #1
amkazak
FlashFXP Registered User

Post Make the Status window scrollwheel friendly

Hi,

can you make the Status window accept the scrollwheel on the mouse? As it is now every window is scrollable except the Status window where the scrollwheel doesn't work. That's my suggestion
Old 10-22-2001, 07:10 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The status window does not gain focus and some mice seem to have a problem with that. I don't know of any brands off hand.

Using a Logitech Mouse or a MS Mouse the window scrolls just fine, if you are using either of those mice perhaps you need a drive update.
Old 10-22-2001, 07:52 AM   #3
amkazak
FlashFXP Registered User

I'm using a Microsoft Wheelmouse Optical with the latest 4.x drivers.
Old 10-22-2001, 08:20 AM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

amkazak, you didn't specify what OS you're on, but I've only just done a test with an old MS mouse, like one of the first that had wheels, one identical to yours, and my trusty MS IntelliMouse Explorer. They -all- scroll just fine, so if I may hazard a guess? Re-check the wheel-settings in your control panel, or better yet, look into installing the IntelliMouse software (found here). This does seem to be a hardware/driver issue, rather than a software shortcoming.
Hope this helps.
Old 10-22-2001, 09:32 AM   #5
amkazak
FlashFXP Registered User

I'm running Windows 2000 SP2 and I have that software installed. I can scroll all other windows, if I double-click on the Status window it pops up and I can scroll it but I can't scroll the "normal" one, that's usually in the bottom right corner of the FFXP window.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:02 AM   #6
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

If you double-click, it's loaded into notepad or a similar external program. I assume by bottom-right you mean the status and error/transfer-window (depending on your choice). Both scroll here, so I still can't explain your situation. It's just not logical that you're able to scroll some windows and not others.
Anyone?

As an after-thought.. Are you positive you don't have anything installed that's interfering with the wheel-mouse behaviour? It's almost as if yours is unable to detect it's in the window.

Try tapping the wheel, then move the mouse in any direction (tapping locks in the scroll-function, but I assume you knew that).
Old 10-22-2001, 10:31 AM   #7
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

doesn't scroll w/ my intelliexplorer drivers v4 on winxp
and v3.22 on win2k

logitech mouse on win2k can scroll fine.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:43 AM   #8
amkazak
FlashFXP Registered User

The Queue window scrolls fine, the Status doesn't. It just seems like that window won't accept the scroll events at all, I've tried tapping the scroll, clicking etc. Doesn't work. I don't know what could interfere with the mouse since it works in every other application that supports scrolling.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:45 AM   #9
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

I guess when Lucifer's kin comes into play, it's Official: We can safely blame this feature on M$.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:49 AM   #10
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by amkazak
The Queue window scrolls fine, the Status doesn't. It just seems like that window won't accept the scroll events at all, I've tried tapping the scroll, clicking etc. Doesn't work. I don't know what could interfere with the mouse since it works in every other application that supports scrolling.
It's a long-shot, but in the mouse-settings there's a place where you can list what applications it should block from the wheel. I don't know how, but maybe those are connected. I'd try to remove any and all blocks.
Old 10-22-2001, 12:51 PM   #11
amkazak
FlashFXP Registered User

Thumbs up

Fusion, that did it! I removed all programs from the list, FlashFXP wasn't in the list, nor did I add anything to that list. Now it works fine! Thanks!

Update

No it didn't it seems
It looks like I have to have the IntelliPoint program running in the systray for it to work, as soon as I turn it off, the scrolling stops working in the status window....
Old 10-22-2001, 01:20 PM   #12
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by amkazak
Update

No it didn't it seems
It looks like I have to have the IntelliPoint program running in the systray for it to work, as soon as I turn it off, the scrolling stops working in the status window....
doh.. I could've told you THAT. The software has to be active for the advanced scrolling to work, that's a given. I expect the IntelliMouse functions to be fully integrated into the OS Core at some point, but probably not 'til the next version, that is, not XP, but the next.

Tags
make, scrollable, scrollwheel, status, window