Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 05-13-2004, 10:46 AM   #1
Thog

Default Mirring

FlashFXP has been my favorate FTP program for the past many years and I live with the 30 second nag screen. I would be more then willing to register if the program had a mirring option which would delete files on your computer which don't exist on the server and download new files and skip old files based on date or size or whatever you choose. The option is almost there with the skip options but it will not delete files on your side which don't exist on the server. I'm forced to use another program for this which sucks. Anyways just a suggestion which you have heard many times.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:11 PM   #2
Raccoon
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Actually Thog, FlashFXP has added this exact option based off a similar request to yours.

If you goto the menu Tools > Compare Folders, or press CTRL+D, you will see FlashFXP select all of the files that do not exist on each side. This allows you to delete the selected files on the Local pane, and queue/download the selected files on the Remote pane.

Vuala! A perfect mirror. Enjoy.
Old 05-13-2004, 05:20 PM   #3
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

you shouldn't be using it after 30 days if you dont register it, flashfxp is priced extremely well, and if its your favourite ftp client for many years, why dont you buy it to support the developer.

i can't say if we'll ever see the option in ffxp that ask for, but i can tell you this, what makes you think a developer like charles has any incentative in doing so if hes not getting paid at all.

Support ffxp, and you'll get support back...
Old 05-13-2004, 09:53 PM   #4
Thog

The compare folder thing works well but it will not compare folder and subfolder and it will not delete files automatically and mirror two sides. I'm more into this for FTP not FXP but it would be cool for FXP also.

As for paying, on Monday I will buy a liscence to help you out with your programming and hopefully someday in the future FlashFXP will contain a mirring function.
Old 05-14-2004, 02:48 AM   #5
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

great to hear!!, that will make charles happy. he'l be able to answer whether we see mirroring, i can only hope that we do too, as i could benifit greatly from it like yourself
Old 05-14-2004, 10:18 AM   #6
Thog

My payment for 40$ Canadian has been sent. Now we will see what the future brings . I'm sure many people will be happy for the mirring option. Anyways your program is a great program with or without the mirring.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:31 PM   #7
Thog

BUMP!
Old 05-27-2004, 05:34 PM   #8
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

why is thread being bump up when its been resolved
Old 05-27-2004, 05:43 PM   #9
Thog

The idea of mirring I'm bumping... Comparing folders just does not cut it for me cause I'm mirring my server... I don't wanna keep the files which no longer exist in the server... 2000 directories and 320,000 files you don't want to keep the files which have been deleted... and you don't want to restore files which have been deleted before.
Old 05-28-2004, 03:41 AM   #10
miki75
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Lightbulb

If you need a powerful file synchronization take a look here:

h__p://www.peersoftware.com

FlashFXP is a wonderful FTP client with very good features, but it isn't a file synchronization.

This is my opinion

miki75

Tags
download, files, flashfxp, ftp, program