Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 01-08-2002, 05:46 PM   #1
ibthee

Exclamation auto upload for ratio sites

I'd switch from BulletFTP to FlashFXP if it only had the smarts built in to handle ratio sites automatically. For example, if you are downloading MP3's from a ratio site and run out of credit, BulletFTP will automatically upload files until you gain enough credit to resume your download.

Think you might add ratio support in the near future?
Old 01-08-2002, 05:49 PM   #2
Linkster
Administrator

this has been answered before..why don't use just have the smarts to put the uploads first in your queue enough for you to download what you want?
Old 01-08-2002, 06:42 PM   #3
ibthee

Quote:
Originally posted by Linkster
this has been answered before..why don't use just have the smarts to put the uploads first in your queue enough for you to download what you want?
If you need explicit reasons how about getting disconnected or varying bandwidth. Why would you want to upload a bunch of files, get disconnected and lose all the credit you accumulated before downloading anything? Why would you want to start uploading files then wake up the next morning and find you haven't downloaded anything yet because the connection slowed and you are still uploading.

Now are you going to tell me I should calculate the ratio per file and order upload and downloads for a couple hundred files manually? It is nice to queue up a bunch of files to be downloaded, queue up a bunch of files to be uploaded, start the transfer and leave.

In regards to this being asked previously, chill out. I tried out the program, found one thing I need that is missing and made a request after not seeing it on the msg board. Repeated topics are the msg board way. If it disturbs you then the first post on this board or a page on the web site should list common topics/requests and answers.
Old 01-08-2002, 07:30 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

is there standard reply from all ftpd when you run out of credit?
Old 01-08-2002, 07:46 PM   #5
Linkster
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ibthee

If you need explicit reasons how about getting disconnected or varying bandwidth. Why would you want to upload a bunch of files, get disconnected and lose all the credit you accumulated before downloading anything? Why would you want to start uploading files then wake up the next morning and find you haven't downloaded anything yet because the connection slowed and you are still uploading.

Now are you going to tell me I should calculate the ratio per file and order upload and downloads for a couple hundred files manually? It is nice to queue up a bunch of files to be downloaded, queue up a bunch of files to be uploaded, start the transfer and leave.

In regards to this being asked previously, chill out. I tried out the program, found one thing I need that is missing and made a request after not seeing it on the msg board. Repeated topics are the msg board way. If it disturbs you then the first post on this board or a page on the web site should list common topics/requests and answers.
Sorry I came off as "bugged"...having a bad day at work. I guess because I never use per login ratio sites (i personally think they are LAME) your concerns escaped me. I'm sure bigstar will have a better answer for you...
Old 01-09-2002, 08:25 AM   #6
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by ibthee
If it disturbs you then the first post on this board or a page on the web site should list common topics/requests and answers.
That's in the works.

Tags
automatically, bulletftp, ratio, sites, upload