Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-05-2003, 05:54 AM   #1
-Apoc-

Question Directory listing method?

I was wondering what's the difference between methods of listing implemented in two ftp clients I'm using: Flashfxp (reg) and SmartFTP (unreg)? Actually asking about that because I've noticed that some dirs which Smart shows without any problems can not be listed/showed by Flash - and my qestion is why? Thanks for answering my question, best regards, Apoc.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:46 AM   #2
DYN_DaTa
FlashFXP Scripter

Default Re: Directory listing method?

Quote:
Originally posted by -Apoc-
... I've noticed that some dirs which Smart shows without any problems can't not be listed/showed by Flash ...

Which ones?
Old 10-07-2003, 12:50 PM   #3
Joker

have you enabled "show hidden files" ?
You can find the setting in options - preference - Advanced.
Old 10-08-2003, 11:56 AM   #4
-Apoc-

1. Strange looking like: "/ / /.;XXX; /con.;/ aux; / .. /" - Smartftp shows and enters such paths without any problems

2. Sure, it is enabled.

Best regards, Apoc
Old 10-08-2003, 02:22 PM   #5
DYN_DaTa
FlashFXP Scripter

Short answer: use Google, and please, don't post warez-related questions here.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:28 PM   #6
-Apoc-

Excuse me - I bought an ftp client - and how will I use it, whatever it's gonna be - that's my *own, personal stuff* (tried to say it a very gentle way!)! I payed for FlashFXP (not using pirated/warezed version althought I'm sure every legit version is being warezed on the same day and getting it is not a problem at all - just use google;-)) - so please do NOT tell me I'm asking a warez-related questions, cos in fact you got no cra*py idea what I'm using it for (what If I just want to check out the dir stucture on my remote server, huh?)! Anyway, from smth I payed for I'm expectin' it to be fully functional and useful - answering the way you just did makes me feel sorry for making a bad choice (is that what you're suggestin'? you just said to anyone willing to buy FFXP "go away boys, buy some other soft") I will not let anyone decide (even senior member, doesn't matter if is right or wrong, like you) what way I'm going to use my private property. Please consider this and do not say again that purchasing and supporting SmartFTP instead of FlashFXP is a better idea. Such answers will not help FlashFXP get new clients. I assume there was no that answer. Kind regards, Apoc.
Old 10-08-2003, 03:46 PM   #7
DYN_DaTa
FlashFXP Scripter

First: I'm not a "special" forum member here, only a regular one.

Second: You think that you have the right to know, asking here, how to enter into WAREZ directories because you bought FlashFXP. Well, that's your opinion; mine is that i'm not going to tell you how (i think that my position is pretty obvious), sorry.

Third: NOBODY is going to make a dir structure with /AUX/, /COM1/, /CON/, /LPT/, /n "ÿ" symbols/, /n blank spaces/, etc ... if isn't warez-related (it would be useless).

Fourth: Relax
Old 10-08-2003, 04:01 PM   #8
-Apoc-

First: that doesn't matter if you are or not, mate - the point is you got (frankly nobody should do that) no right to make in public reviews of way I'm using software I bought without having rock-solid proofs at hand.

Second: I do have the right *to ask* - just like you have the right to answer, if you like to. I didn't ask a question" hey fellaz, how can I enter a warez site using FlashFXP" - that's your your interpretation of my question - as said, wrong. BTW as heard warez scene is well organized, there are regular servers with regular paths, no some weird dirs.

Third: It seems you're pretty experienced in such called "warez-related" stuff.

But in fact you're wrong.

Fourth: I'm pretty relaxed - how about you? Peace! Regards, Apoc.
Old 10-08-2003, 06:07 PM   #9
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

would you please explain to us what use "/ / /.;XXX; /con.;/ aux; / .. /" path would be?
as far as i know these type of dirs are created by "pubers" so that Windows server admins won't be able to delete/see their dirs.

if this isn't the case, please enlighten us.
also since you are registred user, please update your message board profile to include your FlashFXP ID.
Old 10-08-2003, 07:00 PM   #10
-Apoc-

True. As well you can ask me: "what knife can be used for? as far as I know knives can be used by serial killers for killing people.
"As well as can be used by cops, soldiers and housewifes", will be my answer. That's true.
Any dir can be used for storing illegal stuff, not only dir I can not enter with FlashFXP - does it mean that creating and development of operating systems which allow creating dirs is illegal? In my opinion - nope. Using ftp protocol for uploading/downloading illegal stuff (or warez-related) - does it mean that using it should be forbiden? I guess not. Maybe using ftp clients/servers should be illegal - cos using them you can transfer "warez-related" stuff, and pubers use it! You can buy a knife in very first supermarket you go to - it can be used for killing people as well as for making a dinner - does possibility of taking away peoples/animals lifes makes it illegal? *It does not*! I can not understand your philosophy, mate.The point is: If I would like to enter such dir or just find it or delete (or even download from it!!!) - I can not do that, cos of software I bought (with good will), while other software allow me to enter or list.

Conclusion: as said before no matter what the client is used for (checking, viewing, seraching, deleting) - and if used at all - important is the possibility of having choice and technical ability to list/enter such path when I need or want to do that (that's what I payed for) - so please feel enlightened. It makes me upset when I can't do smth using licensed software while free or just other products let me decide and then do what I want. Still talking about smth that was not a point of my question. Don't take it personally please but I'm wasting my time answering your odd questions and investigations, actually I'm tired with that. You're like shop sellers asking: "why you're buying this knife? what are you going to use it for..." My answer would be: "I'm a free man, live in a free country - what I'm going to do with that knife is none of your business as long as I'm buying it, not stealing" Regards, Apoc.

P.S Profile updated. Cheers.
Old 10-08-2003, 08:58 PM   #11
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

ok, since you don't have an answer, or want to give one, let me tell you this.

as far as we know this type of dirs is used ONLY for pubing/illigaly creating dirs on unsecured servers.
FlashFXP development will not go out of it's way add/change it's features to help you in warez needs.

if you still have a valid, no warez related, reason to work with such dirs, please let us know and Bigstar will look into it.
untill then it's very far down on his to-do list.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:34 AM   #12
-Apoc-

Probably you didn't notice I answered a very detailed way, but let's assume I understand your false philosophy and "buy" that answer for my question - thank you.

In that case I can only suggest FFXP team should close FlashFXP development, cos making any improovments in your ftp client helps pubbing/ transferring illegal stuff onto unsecurded and secured - sometimes even warez dedicated - servers Actually FlashFXP should turn into a tool of holy war against imaginary piracy symbol ""/ / / /con.;/ aux; / .. /" (probably approx. 99,99% of it's legit and illegal users used it at least once for sending or downloading illegal stuff, on purpose or not breaking the copyrights). A warm fuzzy feeling that I did the right thing just turned into a warm feeling of my bottom that someone put me on Congrats! Regards, Apoc.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:29 AM   #13
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

yes, everything can be abused and misused. but something like this is designed specificly for illigal purposes.
like i stated above, FlashFXP development will not go out of it's way to make pubing easier. when/if Bigstar has free time i'm sure he'll look into this.

Tags
dirs, listing, problems, shows, smart