Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 09-24-2002, 08:28 AM   #1
NiKoLaS

Default Queue auto-reset

Sometimes, when transferring a large amount of files, some of them fail (due to several reasons that doesn't matter now), and I have to, manually, mark them in queue for "Reset" (the selected file or all of them).

It would be interesting an option (at site manager level) for making the queue to be automatically restored when all files complete its trasference so those files will be transferred (successfully) again now
Old 09-24-2002, 11:50 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Well in some instances it may not be possible to transfer the file at all (i.e permission denied) a feature like that would cause FlashFXP to go into an endless loop.
Old 09-24-2002, 03:19 PM   #3
NiKoLaS

Hi,

With appropiate "When file exists rules", that effect can be overriden. Also, you could add a "Max number of retrys", with, for example, a maximum of 10
Old 09-24-2002, 09:01 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

With the exception of FXP transfers, FlashFXP already has that feature. Look in the Preferences / Transfer Tab.
Old 09-25-2002, 02:31 AM   #5
NiKoLaS

The reason of this post is *ONLY* for fxp transfers. And this feauture would be very apreciated for people who is fxp'ing a lot of files every day
Old 10-02-2003, 10:49 AM   #6
teddystacker

I totally agree with NiKoLaS - This would be a awesome feature to have.When I fxp, I often return to the machine only to see that many files have "failed" and need me to re cue them MANUALLY - if this could be done with a "automatic re cue" option this would be great,of cource it would have to have a "max re-try" option with it,to stop endless loops etc..

Mods , please can you ad this feature in a future version??
Old 10-02-2003, 05:04 PM   #7
cord

I too am interested in such a feature. I suspect the most common reason a file is red crossed in the queue is because the file has been deleted from the server by the time it's place in the queue has arrived.

However I have noticed that sometimes a whole queue can be quickfire red crossed because some problem has cropped up in the open connection, but disconnecting and resetting the queue/clicking on go a bit later sees the files complete without a problem.

It's difficult to know how to handle a new feature like this, since sometimes an immediate retry isn't what you want.

How about something like this:

Option 1: If file is red crossed (failed), reset failed flag and put to end of queue. Retry failed file X times.

Option 2: If file(s) continue to fail, disconnect from site, reset all failed in queue and wait X minutes before "Go"

Tags
files, level, manager, queue, site