Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 12-30-2001, 06:58 PM   #1
RockinRog

Default FlashFXP Suggestion/Question

I extreamly enjoy FlashFXP and I was reading the fact that 2001 was the year with the most Virii infections. Well doing lots of FTP and such d/l there is a high possibility of d/l infected software. Does or if not is it possible for FlashFXP to beable to intigrate your existing virii scanner to ease minds?
Old 12-30-2001, 08:23 PM   #2
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Scanning for virii is really not the job of a client, but rather the server that makes the files available.. Still, most scanners already have the ability to scan all files that goes in/out of the machine, and that should pretty much cover it.
Old 12-30-2001, 09:55 PM   #3
RockinRog

Thanks, I know like McAfee has that D/L scanner, but too bad not all scanners have that. (I don't think) I use myself Panda AV and it works ok plus I run Nortons too (out of my own paranoia) because of its email (In & Out) scanning. I'd run McAfee because of getting the D/L scanning but the newest one is to buggy and it is not compatible with my ZAPro. (Another paranoid device)

RockinRog
Old 12-31-2001, 06:41 AM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Well, on-access scanning is the only way to go, any solution that has to start an external scanner (like you propose) has serious short-comings, first and foremost because there's several milliseconds where the file is sitting there free to do whatever it pleases. If memory serves, ZAPro chokes on McAfee due to ZAPros vector-protection DLL (it BSOD'd my old NT4 aswell), so if if I may offer a suggestion, get a better firewall. BlackICE offers much the same protection, albeit with a different approach, and ALOT less nagging for interaction. McAfee is able to scan everything (including email, on-access, special Outlook-attention, what have you..) but I'm quite sure others would serve just as well.
Old 12-31-2001, 01:56 PM   #5
RockinRog

I run BlackIce Defender as well.

Tags
d/l, flashfxp, infected, software, virii