Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 12-27-2001, 01:40 AM   #1
khermann
FlashFXP Registered User

Lightbulb Backup Facility, Threads

I've asked these questions/made this request before and I dimly remember that I got an explination, but it escapes me at the moment. I'm pretty sure it was "NO."

Are there plans for a simple backup facility to export FFXP sites/settings to a backup file? Back around the 1.2 upgrade I performed the manual/filecopy method and it (or I) didn't work so well, I ended up having a frankenstein installation that never really worked quite right until I un/re installed.

And while I realize there are very realistic and sensable reasons NOT to develop FFXP to a mutlithreaded model, are there any plans to do so? It would be really nice and if stable (big IF) would further proove that FFXP is the hands-down leader in a very competitive catagory.

Great software, keep it comn'.
-k
Old 12-27-2001, 07:09 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

re:backup, i belive we all desided that it's not so hard to manualy backup all .dat and .ini files (and .key if registred)

re:multithread transfers, don't think that will happen in currect FlashFXP structure. perhaps in next generation of FlashFXP.

Tags
backup, facility, ffxp, plans, sensable