Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 12-07-2001, 07:39 AM   #1
logos

Default Small addition to Schedule (tiny)

Would it be possible to enhance the scheduler so that it could be programmed to resume downloading/uploading queues with the schedule being to transfer only during out of work hours for example, so it would stop downloading during work hours + start again the next day/weekend until the queue was done?

Its a really simple change i think and would make for a far more versatile scheduler (sorta like a VCR i guess, in a way).

Thanks
Old 12-07-2001, 07:43 AM   #2
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Can't you just have it start at 1700 and end at 0800, or whichever time-frame suits your needs? That is what you're asking? Only now it doesn't repeat, it's a run-once thing. Maybe you want to be able to define what days it should be in effect too, so that it'll remain online during the weekends. Heh, that's lazy, even by my standards.
Old 12-07-2001, 07:54 AM   #3
logos

no point having a tool if u work for it is there?, besides it sits on a machine far, far away and its either i find a commercial solution or i wind up writing a client that will do it.
Old 12-07-2001, 07:58 AM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Hey, it's a good idea, but let's see what bigstar says.
Old 12-07-2001, 05:06 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

If you need to transfer a queue at a specific time or multiple times, the best way is to use the build in windows schedule.

The reason i suggest the windows schedule is because it's always running where as FlashFXP isn't.
Old 12-07-2001, 05:22 PM   #6
logos

OK, i can see how that would work for starting a queue running, but what about stopping it again? (without just running the process down with a murderous intent @ 0800 every day)
Old 12-07-2001, 05:28 PM   #7
logos

screw it, 5 minutes with toolhelp API and its a goner, ok thx then m8 (although i still think its a good idea)
Old 12-07-2001, 05:58 PM   #8
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

With the scheduler you can decide when to start the app and how long it should be allowed to run before it's killed. Not sure how friendly that kill is opposed to ffxp killing itself, but if the big man says it's fine, it probably is.
Old 12-07-2001, 08:14 PM   #9
logos

and your positive that Flash actually works with Scheduler?, cos on 2k Server, i can't get it to actually download the queue, i can see the process running, but it doesn't bother to do anything (no files appear, no tcp traffic out from it, etc.)
Old 12-07-2001, 08:40 PM   #10
Linkster
Administrator

I do have to agree with logos that start and stop/and restart capability in the scheduler would be really nice
Old 12-08-2001, 10:08 AM   #11
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Yea, but as bigstar said it makes more sense to use the scheduler. Keeping an idle program up for hors is resource-ineffective.
Old 12-08-2001, 10:48 AM   #12
logos

don't be silly.
Old 12-08-2001, 06:22 PM   #13
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I personally I doubt i'd use the feature. But I also do not see a problem in FlashFXP running.... it uses piss all resources.

And if your going to download, you usually have it open anyways.

Shark.
Old 12-08-2001, 08:21 PM   #14
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Well I didn't say that.. Just that the build in windows schedule does everything one could imagine when it comes to scheduling, I've never personally used it for FlashFXP. As i've never needed to schedule a download on my 33.6 dialup connection. I see your point about stopping the transfer. That could pose a problem.

To create a full featured schedule would take alot of time and energy, Something I have very little of lately. If I were to create a full featured schedule it would be external, Run FlashFXP via the command line and perhaps send special a Window Message to stop the transfer and exit FlashFXP. I will add it to the list of things to do..

If someone is interested in creating an external schedule for FlashFXP I'll add some Window Message events that will allow FlashFXP to gacefully close when the time limit has been reached, Or perhaps even changing the speed limit depending on the time of day.
Old 10-07-2002, 02:59 PM   #15
logos

Default Resurrection

Quote:
If someone is interested in creating an external schedule for FlashFXP I'll add some Window Message events that will allow FlashFXP to gacefully close when the time limit has been reached, Or perhaps even changing the speed limit depending on the time of day.
did u ever get around to doing this?

Tags
hours, schedule, scheduler, simple, work