Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 01-24-2003, 10:12 PM   #1
WhoCares

Default Why don't let the user input the local path?

Currently the FlashFXP user can only select a local directory from the directory tree, but sometimes some directories never appear in the tree, so I can't select it.

For example, I want to select "\\192.168.5.163\Dir1" as the local dir, so I enter the UserName/PassWord for that machine, then launch FlashFXP, but "\\192.168.5.163\Dir1" doesn't appear in the dir tree, coz there are 2 shares in the same machine, I can only see the other shared dir "\\192.168.5.163\Dir2" even I refresh my network neighborhood many times. Finally I have to map "\\192.168.5.163\Dir1" as a local drive to solve this problem.

So I need to type the local path manualy. Would u please enable this feature? thank u very much!
Old 01-28-2003, 05:32 PM   #2
Ethanol
FlashFXP Registered User

I was just thinking this yesterday. I had a long folder path which I was browsing within Explorer, and wanted to be able to quickly open it within FlashFXP using copy and paste from Explorer. Alas, I needed to re-navigate to that folder, quite a pain.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:40 AM   #3
dawnmaker
FlashFXP Registered User

Arrow

The bookmark-option covers this in part, but it would be an improvement if the present 'dropdown-boxes' could be made to accept a pasted path, or maybe the 'raw-commandline-box' could, or make a separate 'address-inputbar'. In that case, when you would click on part of that inputbar, I wouldn't mind to see a recent history of local opened folders to jump to.

A bit less ambitious than a recent local history would be a 'jump-to-last-opened-folder'-button, next to the bookmark-button. But you could make that a local-history-button as well, separating it from the pasted-path-issue. The thing is that Flashfxp jumps back to 'default-download-path' after transfer, when you drag-and-drop a file from another path.

--------
the fires of death
once put out in snow after
dusk they burn again
Old 02-06-2003, 01:54 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The reason it doesn't offer user input is because the 3rd party control I use doesn't provide it.

I have plans on modifying the control to allow direct input, I just haven't found the time to make those changes. Also since I didn't write the control I'm not entirely sure how complex of an operation it'll be or if it's even possible.

In the mean time you can always use the Ctrl+Ins shortcut or Change Directory from the File List right-click poup menu.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:28 AM   #5
dawnmaker
FlashFXP Registered User

Talking

No idea if it can be of use to you, but here is a freebie program featuring a combo-box with direct input and history:

http://www.dcsoft.com/products/regeditx/regeditx.htm
http://www.dcsoft.com/ftp/REGX.EXE

--------
-out of the snowwhite
shadows she came to ask him
shall I make us light-
Old 02-14-2003, 04:53 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Sorry that wont help. This feature needs to be added to the existing control.

Tags
192.168.5.163dir1, dir, local, select, tree