Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-28-2002, 04:30 AM   #1
Fuser

Default Mirc DDE Server

I recently saw a thread in which the person asked for the ability to execute commands on the Sound Event. I was looking for this, since I am in much the same situation. It would be rather easy to expand this to allow the running of an actual sound file on the remote system. It did get me thinking though and the addition of DDE support for FlashFXP would be truly awesome. This would allow its incorporation into IRC bots very easily without the complications of eggdrops either. This would solve his problem as well, since he would only have to be running a copy of Mirc in the background (if he is not already).

P.S - I have been using FlashFXP for many months now, and I have now purchased it. Your constant dedication to creating a extremely functional and versatile FTP/FXP client was a major factor in my decision. Keep up the awesome work!
Old 10-28-2002, 02:40 PM   #2
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Call me stupid or blind, but I dont really understand what you are asking for... ?
Old 10-28-2002, 04:56 PM   #3
Fuser

Default DDE Client Support

What I am asking for is DDE Client Support. The ability to specify the service name, topic, etc. Mirc has a built in DDE Server. Events could be sent to Mirc.

I was able to find a command line DDE client last night and put the commands I wanted into a .bat file, but I just thought it would be interesting for FlashFXP to have it built in. Thats all.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:22 PM   #4
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Well seams its resolved then ..

Tags
awesome, flashfxp, mirc, running, sound