Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-11-2002, 10:43 PM   #1
cynix
FlashFXP Registered User

Default [suggestion] option to minimize instead of close

i think this'll be useful, especially for careless ppl like me
make it an option to minimize flashfxp instead of exiting when i click the close button in the caption or press alt-f4. lots of other apps, such as flashget, implements this
Old 10-11-2002, 10:58 PM   #2
MidKnight
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

this would be a good thing to add i think, but until and "if" Bigstar does, you have an option in preferances to "confirm Exit during Transfer"
Old 10-11-2002, 11:15 PM   #3
cynix
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by MidKnight
you have an option in preferances to "confirm Exit during Transfer"
yes and i do have that enabled, however it doesn't confirm exit when the queue is empty. flashfxp starts up slowly on my computer coz i have lots of files in the default dir, so i don't want to close and restart it everytime i need it, but i always forget
Old 10-10-2003, 04:19 AM   #4
dixiechiken
FlashFXP Registered User

Hi! Been using FlashFXP for a little while now and I am HOOKED ... can't imagine how I ever got along without it! So first off, thanks to the developers for such a great program!

There is, however, one option I would love to see be made available if at all possible. Also, please forgive me for replying to an ancient thread but a search for my "wishlist feature" led me to this post so I thought it best not to duplicate, no matter how old the original!

I, too, was wondering if it might be possible to add an option where the user could designate that when the "x" in the upper-right is clicked, FlashFXP would minimize to the system tray instead of closing. (Maybe then close the program by right-clicking on the icon in the system tray and then clicking exit ... ?)

I'm aware of the the "Place in tray when minimized," "F9" and "Confirmation" options, but I constantly find myself clicking the upper-right "x" out of habit and having to restart the program. (I say habit because so many of my other frequently used programs function like this: MSN, MSN Messenger, Flashget, ZoneAlarm, NAV, Kazaa Lite, etc.) Not that this is a big deal -- and not that it's anyone's fault but my own -- it's just more of a pain when the always-busy site I finally got connected to is the one I just managed to disconnect myself from. (DUH! ) Anyway, just a thought ...

Thank you for offering this venue for user suggestions, as well as for your time and efforts!
Old 10-10-2003, 09:22 AM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by dixiechiken
I, too, was wondering if it might be possible to add an option where the user could designate that when the "x" in the upper-right is clicked, FlashFXP would minimize to the system tray instead of closing. (Maybe then close the program by right-clicking on the icon in the system tray and then clicking exit ... ?)
no offence to you dixiechiken, but i absolutly HATE programs that force me work twice as hard to close them.
when i press freakin X i want the bloody thing gone! not hiding in my systray hoping i won't see it running and eating my resources..
once again, no offence, but i think you should try to change your habbit. X was ment to close aplications, _ to minimize(possibly to systray). if you are constantly using X to minimize i'd say you are incorrectly using windows...
i have nothing against adding another button [ .] that will send ffxp directly to systray, but i'm personally against using X to do that..
Old 10-10-2003, 12:25 PM   #6
J-J
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I'm with you on this one MxxCon.

X = Close

Old 10-10-2003, 01:57 PM   #7
Joker

same here, X = gone, au revoir , ari vi derci

but shure if bigstar want to add an (invisible) setting for that, for eg in the .ini file why not if ppl are requesting it.
Use_Dummy_X_mode = 1, 0
or something like that, X = goto tray, _ = minimize to taskbar.

but i personally like the way FFXP behave already.
and since Internet explorer and many other program have X=close, and i belive that when you click on X on IE you want it to close and not hide in tray.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:01 AM   #8
Rats

i agree with above 3 people.
i hate all the file sharing programs, etc that go to systray when i press x.
i guess there could be a feature implemented that lets you pick whether x closes the app or goes to systray, but x is still made to close the app, not go to systray.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:21 PM   #9
dixiechiken
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
originally posted by MxxCon:
no offence to you dixiechiken, ...
No offense taken!! I totally understand that not everyone would want FlashFXP to function per my suggestion which is why I think if it were possible to get this incorporated, it should definitely be as an option. For what appears to be a majority of users who don't want this feature, the default, IMO, should remain as is ... when you click "x" in the upper-right, the program closes. But I would very much love to have an option in "preferences" where you could choose to enable such a feature ... but this feature should be something you have to "go out of your way" to enable, so to speak.

Tags
alt-f4, close, minimize, option, press