Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 02-13-2002, 12:33 PM   #31
Sig Carson

Is the FlashFXP team committed to adding SSL support?

Thanks
Old 02-13-2002, 01:36 PM   #32
Linkster
Administrator

We are doing everything we possibly can. The problem is the limited resources available for delphi pertaining to SSL. Again, if you have ANY suggestions, please let them be known
Old 02-14-2002, 03:15 AM   #33
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Please, to add to linksters comment, read the other posts in this thread to work out what bigstar needs to implement it. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:39 PM   #34
S3cur1ty

Default What about this

http://www.nsoftware.com/products.asp?part=ISD5-A

IP*Works! SSL Delphi Edition
Native Delphi VCLs for Borland Delphi. It features the same trustworthy components that come with other editions, available as native Delphi VCLs for real Delphi performance.

Components Included

FTPS - Transfer files to and from FTP servers. Easy, plug and play, extensible interface. SSL-enabled.

IPPortS - Generic TCP stream client component. Asynchronous architecture. SSL-enabled.

CertMgr - Provides certificate management capabilities for the Digital Certificates installed on the system.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:31 PM   #35
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

IP*Works isn't free and it *might* not work with the current design of FlashFXP. Although supporting SSL by any method is a long shot.

The IP*Works trial won't work because I have no way of directly tying it into my own socket library.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:24 PM   #36
Sig Carson

Well... it looks like SmartFTP beat Flash to the punch.. it now has SSL with FXP support (clear data channel) in their 1.966.6 version.

Sig
Old 02-15-2002, 04:43 PM   #37
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

yes, live's tough, let's all abonden FlashFXP and switch to smartftp just becuase it now support ssl
Old 02-15-2002, 05:15 PM   #38
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

hmmm they beat us? There was never a race or a rush to support ssl, atlest not by me. I still have my doubts about even providing ssl support.
Old 02-17-2002, 12:33 PM   #39
Sig Carson

FlashFXP is simply the best FXP client and many of us desparately need SSL support as many resources have begun to require it.

Maybe you could make a FlashFXP with SSL a higher price, and a small fee to upgrade from existing licenses? Could this cover your cost of development and licensing Delphi SSL code?

Thanks
Old 02-17-2002, 02:19 PM   #40
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Obviously some people want the SSL support, how ever I cannot agree with different priced versions of FFXP... Should be 1 version & 1 version only in my opinion...

My two cents

Dont want to be hippocritical (or however its spelt) ... but lets keep this post to what it was intended, to attempt to assist bigstar with what he needs to implement, or attempt to implement the SSL ...
Old 02-19-2002, 05:49 AM   #41
mutant

bigstar, did I get your earlier post right or are you not really sure if you support SSL/TLS in general ? As if that is the case I don't expect to see an implementation soon and rather switch to another product instead of waiting for you to say 'flashfxp will not support it because I dont see it as an urgent new feature to implement.'
I can for sure understand your technical issues here looking for a good delphi module. But hey, if you want it to stay a state of the art ftp/fxp client you might want to think about getting help from someone who does understand C . I think many of us have made it clear that SSL/TLS community is gowing rapidly.

Just my 2 cents! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-19-2002, 05:54 AM   #42
S3cur1ty

Default Fast SSL solution

everyone knows that OpenSSL is free and it's written in C/C++ , maybe it's possible to use C++ to program a SSL client side tunnel and build an active-x , and then you can operate it in any kind of programming language such as delphi and You probably don't need to change your ftp code at all
Old 02-24-2002, 12:05 PM   #43
MrC

Default Any use ?

PowerTCP SSL Tool

"Demonstrates a simple secure FTP client that can be used with the Secure FTP Server sample. VB 6, VB.NET, Delphi 6, VC 6 "

Supported Environments:

.NET Framework
Visual Basic
Visual C++
FoxPro
PowerBuilder
Delphi
C++ Builder
ASP
Office 97/2000

Tags
flashfxp, server, ssl, support, tsl