Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Suggestions Post suggestions for upcoming versions

Old 10-30-2001, 05:06 PM   #1
booya

Any chance on changing the NOOP during transfer interval(preferably user customizable) in the next build.
Old 11-02-2001, 11:04 PM   #2
nitro
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:

Any chance on changing the NOOP during transfer interval(preferably user customizable) in the next build.
It has LIST and PWD if im not mistaken...
Old 11-03-2001, 03:41 AM   #3
booya

In the Options > Preferences > Porxy / Firewall / Ident >
There is a check mark box for "Send noops during transfer"

This option is very usefull for me behind NAT/MASQurading firewall that will close sessions if they sit idle for to long.

What happens is during long transfers over 10 minutes my control session is closed by the firewall (due to being idle while the DATA transfer is in session) and when the file completes I am unable to get a completed file message from the server so the client will continue to sit there until it times out and then reconnect to the sever.... transfering 40 20MB files will require me to connect to the server 40 times unless I have the "Send noop during transfer" enabled. There is a problem though.. The noops are sent every 60 seconds or so and some servers will kill my transfer if there is to much chatter on the CONTROL session while a transfer is active. So I think if the _INTERVAL_ between "noop during transfers" was user setable I would be able to set it for 10 minutes (like Bulletproof FTP BTW) and would not have that problem.. (like Bulletproof FTP BTW)

Hope that is a little more clear.. I have sent emails to support@flashfxp.. and I was told it would be added in the next update, so I asked here.. to remind bigstar incase he forgot.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2001, 07:04 AM   #4
DJO

Hey,

Few things.

1) I don't know if it's only me or not but when I open FlashFXP it takes a few seconds to load. Is this a planned delay, is the program loading (find it hard to belive since photoshop loads faster on my computer ;/).. ?

2) I don't think the Quick Connect should be disabled while I am connected to a site or trying to connect, if I want to just connect to someother site why do I need to hit stop/disconnect or whatever? I think it could be much better if the program would do it automaticlly.

3) Make Quick Connect remember the last info you entered. For example if I miss typed the username I click stop and then F8 but poof all the information is gone.

4) History for the quick connect.

5) When I want to save que can the default be the last place I saved it?

Thanks =]
Old 11-07-2001, 07:34 AM   #5
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default No. 3 & 4

With 3 & 4... there is a history for Quick Conect.. its the top dropdown box (called: History).

Also it takes less that 1 second to load for me, unless I have the local window open, then that causes a delay.

Shark.
Old 11-07-2001, 07:45 AM   #6
DJO

true, my wrong. I still think 2 & 5 can be nice.
Old 11-07-2001, 07:51 AM   #7
DJO

Two more things.

1) I think it could be nice if the flashfxp tray icon could flash or something if something important happens (can be defined by the user) I can for example give from my personal experience that sometimes I need to wait a whole long time till I get connected but then I get disconnected for being idle, instead of checking every few minutes if I got in or not it could be nice if it could flash when a connected is made.

2) About the anti-idle feature can it maybe send random commands (noop, pwd etc.. ?)
Old 11-07-2001, 01:46 PM   #8
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally posted by DJO
2) About the anti-idle feature can it maybe send random commands (noop, pwd etc.. ?)
options, prefs, options tab.
you can select to anti-idle w/ NOOP, PWD and LIST
no site will you disconnect you if you antidle w/ list
Old 11-07-2001, 02:07 PM   #9
DJO

what I meant is instead of choosing one command to do every x time make it do a random command out of a few commands that don't do much pwd/noop etc. instead of the same command.
Old 11-08-2001, 01:24 AM   #10
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by DJO
what I meant is instead of choosing one command to do every x time make it do a random command out of a few commands that don't do much pwd/noop etc. instead of the same command.
Would that be more pleasing? What MxxCon pointed out is infact all it takes to remain connected, so I don't really see the point of alternating.. I guess if bigstar has some extra time...
Old 11-08-2001, 02:32 AM   #11
-AJ-

CuteFTP has this random cmds thing, but I remembered it screwed up my connections (getting d/c'ed) so I turned off the keep-alive feature.

Noop is fine though.
Old 11-09-2001, 10:22 AM   #12
DJO

1) I know CuteFTP has it, that's where I got the idea from. They didn't put it in for nothing I think this can be very easy to code and I do think it can be helpfull but anyway this is not so important I admit.

2) I think it could be nice if the flashfxp tray icon could flash or something if something important happens (can be defined by the user) I can for example give from my personal experience that sometimes I need to wait a whole long time till I get connected but then I get disconnected for being idle, instead of checking every few minutes if I got in or not it could be nice if it could flash when a connected is made.

3) I don't think the Quick Connect should be disabled while I am connected to a site or trying to connect, if I want to just connect to someother site why do I need to hit stop/disconnect or whatever? I think it could be much better if the program would do it automaticlly.

4) The delay on startup but maybe thats just me.
Old 11-09-2001, 10:37 AM   #13
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Guys can we please keep threads on topic. From now on any off topic posts will be deleted. I am getting tried of having to move posts into the correct forums.
Old 11-09-2001, 12:13 PM   #14
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
Guys can we please keep threads on topic. From now on any off topic posts will be deleted. I am getting tried of having to move posts into the correct forums.
Will you answer them first, tho?
I'll move them for you.

-AJ-, NOOP is sometimes trapped by the ftpd, and you're kicked all the same. Listing the directory is dead solid.
Old 11-09-2001, 01:04 PM   #15
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
1) I know CuteFTP has it, that's where I got the idea from. They didn't put it in for nothing I think this can be very easy to code and I do think it can be helpfull but anyway this is not so important I admit.
Using random commands does not help, In fact the majority of ftp servers the only thing that will keep you from timing out is by opening a data connection (i.e. LIST)

Quote:
2) I think it could be nice if the flashfxp tray icon could flash or something if something important happens (can be defined by the user) I can for example give from my personal experience that sometimes I need to wait a whole long time till I get connected but then I get disconnected for being idle, instead of checking every few minutes if I got in or not it could be nice if it could flash when a connected is made.
This has been considered, it was decided that we were going to change the icon apparence but I'm not sure what happened. We were to decide apon which icon states would be displayed, we also needed someone to create the icons.

Perhaps it was lost on the old board?

Quote:
3) I don't think the Quick Connect should be disabled while I am connected to a site or trying to connect, if I want to just connect to someother site why do I need to hit stop/disconnect or whatever? I think it could be much better if the program would do it automaticlly.
If FlashFXP is busy executing a command, there is no possible way for it to stop, disconnect, and then connect to a new site.
Because things are event based each event must complete before the new connection can take place. We have tried this in the past and FlashFXP explodes, oddly enough in some causes it actually rebooted the OS. umm maybe I shouldn't say that. heh.

Quote:
4) The delay on startup but maybe thats just me.
What delay? and how long?

Tags
build, customizable, intervalpreferably, transfer, user