Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 10-27-2001, 06:02 AM   #1
Nisse

Unhappy A problem

Hello!

I dont have a problem whit FXP..But My Internetconnection gives me problem..

I use FXP..and I can dowload/Upload from servers...but I want to open my own server..because I have a lot of "good" music.

Heres the problem..
I have a LAN connection....so I have "different" IP nr...so thats why i cant make anyone else to "see" me...so therefore noone can download/upload from Me.
I wonder if there are anyone "here" how have or had the same problem..?

My question is..are there any program how can help me..to make myself visible to others?
And ..if I open a FTP site.....How can i make others to see my sitename..login..passw..and so on.....Like in UltimateMP3Search..in that program you can see many FTP servers..there most be a site where I can fill in my site to.

But the main problem is the connection...

Hope for an answer...
Old 10-27-2001, 07:01 AM   #2
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Sounds like what you're really after, is one of them file-sharing thingies, like WinMX.
Old 10-27-2001, 12:38 PM   #3
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

It doesn't, hence my reply.

So, sharkie, where's 'International'? You hiding on some AWACS-plane or some such? Oh, that's right, you're prolly roaming the deep seas, but sharks don't really do that.
Old 10-27-2001, 01:22 PM   #4
Nisse

Talking Unbelivible..

I have sent this question because I was told so by the "staff" of FlashFXP...
And even though I said so in the question that the problem wasen´t in FlashFXP..people like .."Shark"..puts unnessesery comments on this "board".
And I even wrote that I would like to open my own FTP-"server"..so I dont want..WinMX,AudioSattelite,Morpheus..and so on..I have tried them all..and use the daily.

And...if there wasen´t a problem..I wouldn´t write here at all.

Commen sense..use it.
Old 10-27-2001, 03:21 PM   #5
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Nisse,
I'm quite sure Shark doesn't intend to seem uncooperative or unfeeling towards your problems, but he's right, this isn't related to FFXP at all. it's a technical problem you're better off taking to the support-people of your Internet Service Provider. They are better equipped to tell you if, for instance, there are certain services you are blocked from, or how you best address this particular problem. I suggested WinMX because that's how your explanation came across, you wanted to share music, and WinMX is a quick&easy way to do just that.
Old 10-27-2001, 07:51 PM   #6
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Fusion, WinMX uses gnutella network, so you better off using general purpose client like BearShare or Limewire or whatever client you prefer.

Nisse, what you need is to setup port forwarding so when people try to connect to your ip on specific port, your router will forward that connection to your ftp server. if you want to know specific steps, for that you need to deside which ftp server software you want to run, and then either figure out how to do it on your own, read it's manual or contact support for that specific ftp server.

as for sites like UltimateMP3Search, i can't really tell you anything about it..haven't seen it or used it. search google, i'm sure you'll find all the info you need there.
Old 10-28-2001, 01:30 AM   #7
Fused

Just thought i'd point out, seeing that this thread already has nothing to do with FlashFXP that WinMX absolutely does NOT use the Gnutella network.

They used to use the Napster network and opennap servers, but ever since Napsters death and the conversion of the excellent MusicCity opennap network to Morpheus, WinMX is running their own p2p servers.

It appears to be a custom mixture taking some of the better points of both Napster & Gnutella. They support extended mp3 info and user to user messaging, and they have centralized servers (like Napster) yet still also make use of direct user connections (ala Gnutella).

It's an interesting mixture to say the least, but it is not the Gnutella network by any means.
Old 10-28-2001, 04:02 AM   #8
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

my fault, you are right.
i was thinking of MyNapster
Old 10-28-2001, 05:24 AM   #9
Nisse

Lightbulb PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!

The "problem" is now solved..

By contacting TZO.com....and downloading the program that they have...I now have a "username" instead of IP:nr..and the program is forwarding the signals to me.
I can use ..Serv-U..to..at the same time.

Regards.."solved by ME"...
Old 10-28-2001, 02:37 PM   #10
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

there you go
a little research will go a long way.

tzo.com is a dynamic dns service, and from what i understood, and i'm sure everybody else, you were asking for something else...

but as long as you are happy...

Tags
connection, ftp, make, problem, site