Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 03-26-2002, 07:22 AM   #1
Kepit Taja

Exclamation Speed problems when FXPing

I got this weird problem after changed isp and bought new adsl box, when I transfer something from my own computer with FlasFXP it works fine the speeds are above 50KBs (I have 512/512kbit connection) BUT when I fxp the speed stays under 50KBs (all servers are much faster and with my former isp and its adsl box fxp has worked almost without problems) the interesting thing is that if I start transfer from my own computer at the same time it cuts the speeds half, somehow it seems that all data (fxped included) goes thru my computer.

I use NAT config in my adsl box and tried with and without firewall ofcourse.

My other OS's (Im using 2 different set, Win2k and XP) and FlashFXP havent changed in anyway when I changed my isp and to that new adsl box so it must be someway in my config. I have tried binding to local ip etc. but no help. Allthough FXP works but just slow.

TIA!
Old 03-26-2002, 12:14 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

fxp is in no way affected by your connection speed. it's purely depends on sites connection.
Quote:
the interesting thing is that if I start transfer from my own computer at the same time it cuts the speeds half, somehow it seems that all data (fxped included) goes thru my computer.
do you actualy see some indication that data is being transfered(fxped) thru your system? like modem lights flash or bandwidth monitoring program show some change...
Old 03-26-2002, 03:56 PM   #3
Kepit Taja

Quote:
Originally posted by MxxCon
do you actualy see some indication that data is being transfered(fxped) thru your system? like modem lights flash or bandwidth monitoring program show some change...
I checked now and there is no data transfer going thru FlashFXP just the other transfer.

And yes I have read much about fxp and know that own connection speed isnt affected the fxp speed but what I can do about it right now it seems to be that way.

I just hoped that someone had this same problem and know the simple answer that I have some configuration wrong in ADSL BOX or so. I have had earlier "little" different kind of so called normal problems and fxp have either worked or not but know it works but slow, under 50KBs with all several different 10Mbit servers with mixed combinations.

Tags
adsl, box, computer, fxp, isp