Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 06-12-2004, 09:55 PM   #1
Dyz

Default Cant FXP Help

Hello when i am using flash fxp v2.1 build (924)

when i connect to both of my sites i try to fxp a file but i keep reciving this error message can someone please help

227 Entering Passive Mode (xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,205,59)
PORT xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,205,59
500 I won't open a connection to 202.xx.xxxx <my destination (only to 211.xx.xxx.xxx) < my ip
Site to Site Transfer Failed! (Attempting normal method)
Old 06-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #2
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

You'll have to make changes to either the FTP server config or a change in the windows registry (if using IIS). What FTP server is that?

This may be of interest to you: https://oss.azurewebsites.net/support.php?s=howto
Old 06-12-2004, 10:50 PM   #3
Dyz

what do u mean by what ftp server is that? im just connecting to flashfxp and trying to bounce the files from one site to the other
Old 06-13-2004, 01:17 AM   #4
Tribl
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by Dyz
what do u mean by what ftp server is that? im just connecting to flashfxp and trying to bounce the files from one site to the other
u cant connect to flashfxp since its a client and no server, u can only use it to connect to 1 or more ftp servers, just like internet explorer to connect to a http site
Old 06-13-2004, 01:37 AM   #5
Dyz

oh, thanks for that so what would u suggest i use to as the "server" so i am able to fxp?
Old 06-13-2004, 02:07 AM   #6
Tribl
FlashFXP Registered User

well if u want to transfer files to or from another server u dont need your own, you just connect to it choose the files and hit transfer, fxp is needed if u lets say are in germany, 1 server is in sweden and one in the US and u want to transfer files from the server in sweden to the server in the US.

if u want people be able to download something from u, then u need a ftp server, for example raidenftpd, serv-u, ws-ftp, or something similar.
Old 06-13-2004, 04:13 AM   #7
Dyz

well i am fxping from two server which are not my own but my webserver for my site and a gameserver and i need to tranfser the gameserver directly to the site server without having to downlood it and when i do it u can see the error message i recivce .. can u tell me how to fix it
Old 06-13-2004, 01:54 PM   #8
neoxed
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Scripter

Dyz: Did you even read my first post?

Quote:
Originally posted by neoxed
You'll have to make changes to either the FTP server config or a change in the windows registry (if using IIS). What FTP server is that?

This may be of interest to you: https://oss.azurewebsites.net/support.php?s=howto
Most "professional" FTP servers have FXP disabled by default, you'll have to modify the FTP server config to allow it. That's why I asked which FTP server software you were using.

That link in my previous post shows how to enable FXP on a few FTP servers.
Old 06-13-2004, 09:23 PM   #9
Dyz

Quote:
Originally posted by Tribl
well if u want to transfer files to or from another server u dont need your own, you just connect to it choose the files and hit transfer, fxp is needed if u lets say are in germany, 1 server is in sweden and one in the US and u want to transfer files from the server in sweden to the server in the US.

if u want people be able to download something from u, then u need a ftp server, for example raidenftpd, serv-u, ws-ftp, or something similar.
as said by tribl i am connecting to two ervers which are not my own like he said for the eg one is in sweden and other is in us and i want to transfer files between them..
Old 06-13-2004, 10:39 PM   #10
Mouton
Posse Member
Ultimate Scripter
ioFTPD Administrator

Quote:
500 I won't open a connection to 202.xx.xxxx <my destination (only to 211.xx.xxx.xxx) < my ip
That means you won't be able to FXP from that site, unless the site doesn't know that it's not you downloading... To try that, enable 'Alternative site to site method - Downloading' for that site in the connection options. If the site that gives the error is the site your are sending to, try 'Alternative site to site method - Uploading'.

Tags
227, entering, error, fxp, fxp