Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 05-09-2004, 03:06 PM   #1
neochan

Default Hidden Files

Now i'm a bit new to this, but hear me out.

My friend moved all my files and folders from one site to the other. She can see the files, but i can't. I changed my preferances to be in Passive mode, i changed things so i view hidden files. I imported the site, whatever i could to see my missing files.

My friend insists that they are there. All that remains of my files, is a single WS_FTP.LOG in each folder. It lists that all my files were transfered but that's IT. I searched these folders and only 238kb showed up when i had about 160MB. I use FlashFXP, but this shouldn't make a difference since i was able to see the files in other site (which is now gone).

Now, the thing is, not only can i not see the files in the FTP program, i can't even directly link to them. But all of my friends other files i can see and link to in browser. But everything transfered from my site, is not showing. Not able to direct link. Now, i don't think this has anything to do with my program.

Please help me out. If there is something I can do or my friend needs to do since she owns it. All she did was change hers to passive mode and i still can't see it. What are we doing wrong!?
Old 05-09-2004, 03:41 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

switching between PORT/PASV mode has nothing to do with showing hidden files.
ask that site administrator to make sure those files and your account permisions are set correctly
Old 05-10-2004, 03:09 PM   #3
neochan

All permissions are now set to either 644 or 755. I still can't see the old files that were transfered, we believe they may be lost. But i noticed that when i started up a new folder, set with these permissions, we still couldn't view them in a web browser. Other than that, everything seems to work fine.

Is there something we are missing to view them in a browser? It's kinda a must-have on direct linking =/
Old 05-12-2004, 11:46 AM   #4
Raccoon
FlashFXP Registered User
ioFTPD Foundation User

Are you capable of linking directly to the file, and just HTTP indexing that is not working? What is the HTTP error you are receiving when you try?

Honestly, if you are in direct contact with the site administrator, they should be able to give you clear answers as to what is present on your space, and how to successfully access it.

If your site admin is unable to access these files, then it is unlikely we will be able to either.

Folders with the CHMOD 755 will typically HTTP Index under most default webserver settings, otherwise you may need to place a .htaccess file containing the following lines, into that folder.

Options +Indexes
IndexOptions +FancyIndexing

Tags
files, flashfxp, ftp, link, site