Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 05-08-2004, 06:21 AM   #1
marlin

Default Why do files fail to transfer?

Hello,

I have used Flash FXP for quite sometime and it works just great. However, I never have really known why when transfering files from one computer to another (mainly music) many files fail to transfer. Even if from the same artist within the same folder, some songs will tansfer and others will not. I was just wondering why would a file repetedly fail to transfer? Is this within the code of the file? What can I do to prevent this or can I transfer a file which can not transfer, somehow?

Thanks Guys (or Gals)
Old 05-08-2004, 07:00 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

since you did not provide any of the required info, the only thing i can tell you is go read http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html
it explain how ftp works and what cuases most common errors
Old 05-08-2004, 03:30 PM   #3
marlin

Default Failed Transfer

Hello,

I have used Flash FXP for quite sometime and it works just great. However, I never have really known why when transfering files from one computer to another (mainly music) many files fail to transfer. Even if from the same artist within the same folder, some songs will tansfer and others will not. I was just wondering why would a file repetedly fail to transfer? Is this within the code of the file? What can I do to prevent this or can I transfer a file which can not transfer, somehow?

Thanks Guys (or Gals)

I am using version 2.1 build 924. I am also using windows XP Professional. I am behind a D-Link Router so firewall is my networking status. I can not think of any other info that could be needed.
Old 05-08-2004, 06:28 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

threads merged

we need to see status log when that error happen to see what exactly is happening

Tags
fail, file, files, fxp, transfer