Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 02-06-2004, 11:15 AM   #1
FRiTURE

Default Listing problems (ocasionnaly Socket Errors)

Hi,
I'm having a hard time with FlashFXP When I connect to an FTP Server, it take some time to connect (to get to the user|pass part .. 5~10seconds) and when it list, it hangs for let say 5~10 seconds. Ocasionally, it will give me a Data Socket Error message. I have already read the threads in the FlashFXP forum about other users that had that same problem and it did not fix my problem. Are there any other solutions to fix that

* FlashFXP v[2].[2], build [967], [x]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [x] WinXP, [x] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [x] Yes & Model [D-Link DI-604 Firmware=3.20_CM], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [X] Yes, Name [Tiny Personal Firewall], Ver. [5.5], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [x] Yes, Name [Symantec Antivirus Corporate v8.1] or [ ] No
* Network [x] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

NB : I have the same problem with FFXP 2.1 and older builds. I have try to disabled the firewall and i have the same problem. I try with a DMZ setting and got the same problem too. SSL and NON-SSL site are giving me that issue. I try with passive mode or active mode and got the same problem (if its non-passive most of the time, ill get the Data Socket Error message).

Is there an optimal MTU settings that i have to configure for my router ? Right now, i think it is set to 1498 or 1456, im not sure at 100%. I know that it has nothing to do with my isp. They didnt do any modifications in months on there network. My dload|uload speed are okay. Please, help me out. Im getting sick of that crap
Old 02-06-2004, 11:33 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Do you experience this problem with a particular ftp site or all ftp sites? If it's just one site perhaps it's the ftp site.
Old 02-06-2004, 05:47 PM   #3
FRiTURE

Thanks for the quick reply

I got that problem with any ftp sites that i connect to.

Tags
flashfxp, problem, running, socket, [x]