Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 01-02-2004, 11:22 AM   #1
Bozzy

Default Delay with many small files

Hi all,

Previous till now, I have just been using windows XP internal FTP to move around files, and terripin FTP for my freeserve site, but recently terrinpin has gone tits up, and with no support, so time for a new piece of FTP software.

Loads of Xbox users have mentioned FlashFXP (as I also use FTP to transfer to my xbox), so I thought i'd give it a go.

I have one small issue, that may just be a setting I have not adjusted correctly.

When I used XP's FTP, if I copied a directory with a lot of sub-dirs and thousands of small files, they were created on my pc as if it was a HD to HD copy with hundreds if these small files being FTP'd per second.

With Flash, the same files take ages (1 second per file) - Its as if there is a delay while creating the file.

There is no issues with actual speed, as a 100mb file takes 10 seconds (100 mbs seems to be working at 100%)

You can actually read the log as its being created per file.

Any ideas? Doesn't stop it working, just makes it take a long time.

Thanks

* FlashFXP v2.1, build 923, unregistered
* OS WinXP
* Not Running behind NAT/router
* Running firewall Yes, Mcaffe - tried with and without
* Running Antivirus Yes, Mcaffe - tried with and without
* Network - LAN xover cable 100mbs half duplex
Old 01-02-2004, 05:40 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

if it's build 923, make sure you upgrade to 924 since there are have been bug fixes between these 2 builds.
try to play around with upload packet size option: F6, Advanced tab, Upload Packet Size.
some people find that 2048 works best for them, while others find 4096 is the best. try all these different options and see if there are any improvements.

Tags
file, files, ftp, running, small