Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 07-11-2003, 04:58 PM   #1
Emperor Beld

Question Inability to LIST and Error 10022

* FlashFXP v[2].[1], build [924], [ ]registered, [X (Currently)]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [ ] WinXP, [X] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [X] Yes & Model [Linksys BEFSR 41 ver. 2], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [ ] Yes, Name [ ], Ver. [ ], or [X] No
* Running Antivirus [X] Yes, Name [Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition] or [ ] No
* Network [X] xDSL, [ ] CABLE, [ ] Dial-Up, [ ] Other

Before installing the new version 2.1.924, I had been using version 1.4.3 with no difficulties whatsoever concerning LIST nor normal function. However, upon uninstalling 1.4 and installing 2.1, I am now unable to list without a soft abort (Which means I can only access one directory deep due to a hard abort not responding) and upon disconnection, I recieve an Invalid Argument error 10022 (Which I am lead to believe is an illegal WinSOCK call). Now, upon reinstalling 1.4, which used to work flawlessly, I am confronted with the same exact errors.

I am convinced that this issue may be as a result of an upgraded version of WinSock installed with 2.1.924, or some remnant of that version that is hindering any FTP performance by my older version of FlashFXP.

I have tried LISTing using the -al suffix with no avail. Passive mode is enabled for both my end and the server end of the connection. I have tried LISTing on a server on my home network, and it still fails without a soft abort. Not using passive mode is really not an option, as I use a dynamic IP and do not wish to constantly set it. Moreover, the FTPs I am connecting to are behind firewalls and require a passive mode connection.

Would an upgrade to my WinSock protocols help the issue at all? If so, where could I find such an upgrade?

I have attached a picture of the end of an FTP log showing the failed LIST attempt and a disconnect that resulted in the 10022 error.

I hope I have provided enough information for you to provide assistance. I thank you very much for any help offered.

-Beld
Attached Images
File Type: gif log.gif (7.4 KB, 285 views)
Old 07-11-2003, 05:20 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
I am convinced that this issue may be as a result of an upgraded version of WinSock installed with 2.1.924, or some remnant of that version that is hindering any FTP performance by my older version of FlashFXP.
FlashFXP does not upgrade WinSock. WinSock is a Windows component which all internet application use. FlashFXP wouldn't touch such crusial component.
Quote:
Not using passive mode is really not an option, as I use a dynamic IP and do not wish to constantly set it.
regarding manually updating your dynamic ip, direct your attention to first 2 messages in the following thread: http://forum.flashfxp.com/showthread...&threadid=3207
Quote:
Moreover, the FTPs I am connecting to are behind firewalls and require a passive mode connection.
actually for firewalled servers it's better if a client will use PORT and not PASV becuase server will be iniating connection and firewalls/routers rarely hinder outgoing connections.

when you reinstalled older FlashFXP, was it into the same dir or different one?
try to connect to any ftp site with another ftp client or even web browser.
if you are having ftp problems with all clients, i suspect you might have a corrupt/incorrect WinSock on your system.
malware, such as spyware/virus/trojan could've replaced it. or that file just got corrupted.
scan your system and make sure it's all nice and clean
Old 07-11-2003, 07:36 PM   #3
Emperor Beld

Actually, I was unsure whether I could bind the PORT command to my dynamic DNS service. Thanks for reminding me to actually try it instead of think about it.

I installed WS_FTP Pro just a few minutes ago, and was able to LIST on my FTP perfectly WITH pasv. I am rather confused, now.

I installed the older version in the same directory name only after I deleted the old directory.

I just attempted to LIST using PORT, and it actually listed! I feel like a fool. I saw that in other threads, yet I never tried it, neglecting to input my DNS server. However, when I disconnected, I recieved the same 10022 error. At least it works.

I have virus and spyware scanning set up nightly, and my latest checks have turned up nothing, so I am confident my files are valid. I just updated to SP4 for 2k to see if it made a difference, but it has not.

Just for kicks, could direct me to a location to upgrade my WinSock drivers/component? I'd like to give it a go.

EDIT: I've been testing different FTPs with Pasv off, and I have come up with more errors such as
451 Failed: Cannot build data connection..
List Error
I find this very odd, considering WS_FTP is entering passive fine. I also installed 2.1.924 to a new directory, and am getting the same results.

Thanks for the speedy reply.
Beld
Old 07-12-2003, 03:46 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

there should be an errorlog.txt in your FlashFXP folder, can you please provide a copy of it.
Old 07-12-2003, 06:08 PM   #5
Emperor Beld

It is all the same, but I will include the whole thing nonetheless.

I get this error (10022) no matter what I do! When I disconnect, I get 10022 in parenthesis. When I get a LIST error due to trying PORT on a passive requiring FTP, it shows 10022 following List Error. In, afterthought, I believe that this error is caused by various ways, but I am now positive disconnections of any kind cause FXP to report this error.

7/11/2003 5:42:43 PM
Version: 2.1 (build 924)
Compiled on: May 17, 2003
Object class: TToolBar
Object Name: RToolBar
10022:Invalid argument

7/11/2003 8:25:48 PM

7/11/2003 8:26:36 PM

7/11/2003 8:27:52 PM

7/11/2003 8:28:15 PM

7/11/2003 11:08:20 PM

7/11/2003 11:09:19 PM

7/11/2003 11:09:28 PM

7/11/2003 11:10:19 PM

7/11/2003 11:10:38 PM

7/11/2003 11:11:22 PM

7/11/2003 11:42:30 PM

7/12/2003 8:42:52 AM

7/12/2003 8:44:06 AM

7/12/2003 8:50:58 AM

7/12/2003 5:33:11 PM

There is the whole thing.

I'll restate the problem with listing in passive, and hopefully, I will be clearer than before. After passive mode goes through my specified ports, FlashFXP begins to list and opens a data connection. The lower bar then reports the List being downloaded. Transfer OK is then echoed, and nothing happens. No directory structure is displayed at all. If I put in a soft ABOR command, the abort will be accepted, and the directory structure will appear. A hard abort will not cause this.

I hope I have helped make my problem a little clearer. Thank you all for the responses.

EDIT: I have reflected upon the issue for a while, and I have thought of something I hadn't considered. The same time I updated FlashFXP, I uninstalled WinPOET a PPPoE program sent by Earthlink DSL. I remember hearing that uninstalling it can possibly mess up drivers. If I can track it down, I will try and reinstall it and see if it makes a difference.

Beld
Old 07-14-2003, 03:08 PM   #6
Bart_1

Default Found one thing

I formated my pc this day, and i installed Flashfxp..
I had the same problem..
So i installed it, and i installed a virus scanner etc..
So after i did that, i wanted to download something from ftp, and it didn't list !@#$%^ I was like what the .....
So i checked what i installed, And the only thing that i could find was the virusscanner, so i uninstalled it..
AND IT WORKED.. My virusscanner was the problem!

I use: Bitdefender (bitdefender.com)

I hope this helps

Grtz Bart

Old 07-14-2003, 07:50 PM   #7
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

that kinda sucks for bitdefender customers..
perhaps you could contact bitdefender dev for them to fix this issue?
Old 07-15-2003, 08:28 AM   #8
Emperor Beld

I unistalled my copy of Symantec Anitvirus Corporate and it made no difference. Earlier, I uninstalled WinPOET and that made no difference as well.

Beld
Old 07-15-2003, 11:46 AM   #9
Linkster
Administrator

i use symantec av corp without problems....Beld, have you installed a fresh copy of flashfxp into a new folder and tried that yet?
Old 07-15-2003, 05:33 PM   #10
Emperor Beld

I reinstalled it (for the third time) to a directory entitled FXPTest, and the same errors as above were produced.

Could this be due to W2K's SP4? When I upgraded versions and the problem began, I was in a slew of driver updates, and I applied Service Pack 4. I also removed WinPOET, upgraded video card drivers, changed antivirus to Symantec Corporate, and installed Netlimiter, a software bandwidth capping utility (which was closed and verified closed in the services list for the duration of my FXP testing [and still is]).

Beld
Old 07-16-2003, 06:54 AM   #11
Bart_1

I never ever use service packs, they say it fixes things, but i think they just distroy things

I run win XP myself, i allways updated everything, i had to format a few times, cos those stupid patches and service packs, f00ked around with my pc (the tool: msinfo2 didn't work anymore) IE-Explore gone weird etc, so no more winblows updates for me. and no bitdefender ether

Old 07-16-2003, 07:14 AM   #12
Emperor Beld

The funny thing is, is that no previous service pack destroyed any support or key components. I imagine W2k service packs are designed to be stable, seeing as W2k is a more workstation-oriented OS. The problem still occurs without any oddities. I'll add my e-mail to my account, and I may set some sort of Instant Messenger Account so a dialogue could be reached.

Once again, thank you for your help,
Beld
Old 07-16-2003, 07:59 AM   #13
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Emperor Beld, bigstar still haven't replied back, he might know what the issue is.

Bart, that's an extremely bad idea. you leave yourself open to very bad "nasties".
i work in IT security, and come face to face with these things on daily basis. and this is not paranoia or hype, this is real world problems that are being exploited every minute of every day.
not keeping your OS up to date is one of the worst and most irresponsible things you could possibly do with your computer.
all service packs and hotfixes have uninstall features, and winxp itself has rollback/system restore feature. if you are having problems with any hotfix/service pack uninstall them and contact microsoft for support.
think of it as every single Ford car sold this has fault breaks and Ford is recalling all cars to fix it for free, but you ignore this and hope that your breaks will work.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:45 AM   #14
ecetera

Default list prob with bitdefender

Hi Bart and all,
had the same problem with dir list in flashfxp 2.1 build 920 on win2k advanced server. After uninstalling Bitdefender 7 pro the problem was gone...

Cheers
ect
Old 07-23-2003, 05:38 PM   #15
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

without issuing you a debug build it's impossible for me to say what it might be.. I regret that I'm currently away from my main pc and I'm unable to generate a debug build from this location.

It's possible that maybe uninstalling WinPOET messed up some things, but it's hard to say.

Tags
end, list, mode, version, [x]