Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 01-24-2003, 07:58 AM   #1
Flow
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

Default FlashFXP for Linux ??

Hi BigStar (and all you´r crews)

Windows start to be boring. Is thare any chance releasing FlashFXP for Linux ?? (Registered User can use same license)

Or does Linux have like an alternative SSL-XFER client arround ??

I dont know much really, but the damn sun keeps coming up every morning. Maybe time for some changes ??
Old 01-24-2003, 08:27 AM   #2
ND-
FlashFXP Beta Tester

pft is a fxp client (with tsl/ssl) for *nix.

http://www.tanesha.net/projects/pftpmew/
Old 01-24-2003, 02:20 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FlashFXP runs fairly well under Wine. There's no plans to rewrite FlashFXP under linux.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:17 AM   #4
D0M1N8R

I would gladly pay for a linux flashfxp client registration if it were decided to be apart from windows registration. Just cuz its linux dont mean it has to be opensource if that is what holds you back. there are always linux binaries.
Wine just sux. Running simple apps like winzip cost lots of performance.
Give me FlashFXP 4 linux =)
Old 01-30-2003, 11:27 AM   #5
Katana Man

Agreed. I'd pay for a Linux version as well.
Old 02-04-2003, 06:29 AM   #6
hw_tph
FlashFXP Registered User

As already said by bigstar FlashFXP runs well under Wine. I have used it a lot and it doesn't give me any more grief that most other GUI FTP clients do in Linux - my only problems were with icons and other minor cosmetic stuff.

As for SSL-support, look into lftp. While "just" a command line interface client, it's incredibly powerful and easy to use. Nowadays it's the only FTP client I use in Linux.

If you don't like lftp there's always the plain old "ftp" client with Kerberos and SSL extensions from KTH.

hw_tph
Old 02-08-2003, 06:17 PM   #7
caldude

Cool *nix port

I would really like to see a port of flashfxp for *nix also. It's one of the few things that keep me using windows.

As far as flashfxp on wine, I haven't had great luck. Maybe it was the ver of wine I tried at the time but it seemed to crash lots.
And the icons were so crappy that you couldn't tell if the list was files or directories.

With so many new linux distro's actively releasing desktop versions (mandrake, suse, xandros, lindows, etc) and being sold more and more preinstalled on new computers, I would think money could be made with a *nix port.

I know I would pay for it.

Cal
Old 02-28-2003, 07:06 PM   #8
caldude

Default registration

I decided to try try installing flashfxp in linux again. This time I installed it under Crossover Office ( http://www.codeweavers.com/products/office/ ) rather than regular wine.

The installation went fine and flashfxp seems to run a lot better than the last time I tried it. Even the icons look fine

The only problem I'm having now is.....
I entered my reg code and flashfxp accepted it fine, but it doesn't seem to save it properly in the fake registry. The next time I started flashfxp, it didn't think it was registered.

It is probably something to do with the fake windows registry that crossover is using.

Also whenever I closed flashfxp some little error box popped up, but I was lame and didn't write down what the error was.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:13 PM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Not likely, The registration key is not saved in the registry. It must be something else.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:29 PM   #10
caldude

Default registration

That is interesting. I assumed it would be in the windows registry rather than in flash's own files. The reason I thought that is because other times when I tried running flash (under wine) from my real windows hard drive (it was installed and registered in winxp), it didn't think it was registered also. So I assume that it isn't reading the file that includes the registry info when it's run in linux.
Old 05-04-2003, 02:55 AM   #11
pulzy

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
FlashFXP runs fairly well under Wine. There's no plans to rewrite FlashFXP under linux.
I dont know if i can i agree with you on that, becuse getting ssl support to work seems almost impossible (atleast here)...
Old 07-25-2004, 08:14 AM   #12
Jesper

FlashFXP 2.1 runs semi somewhat ok under Wine.

But there is bugs, I submitted the most crusial to WineHQ, they havent bothered to answer.

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2328
Using the 20040408 wine version keeps your settings, sites, and stats.

To list the other bugs briefly:
You cant double click with your mouse to change dirs, just use the keyboard
You cant use the site manager
You cant read some of the text in the prefs menu
No tray support to hide FFXP
No queue info
There is some other bugs too that i found, but I dont remember them atm.

Using WineX3.3.x solves some of these issues, but running FlashFXP under WineX breaks the SSL features.

Tags
alternative, client, flashfxp, linux, ssl-xfer