Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 01-20-2003, 06:40 PM   #1
iceman

Question novice question- can this be done ?

Hi , I have been using the very simple 3com ftpserver at work to download config files from equipment to my pc for backup purposes, but a new switch must have a new FTP version because the 3 com server hangs up and returns "PSV command not implemented" (the 3com server does not include the PSV command code i think) So a colleague suggested FlashFXP - but I cant get it to do what I need. ---- Its like this - you are logged in to the operators browser interface on the equipment , and on the "backup" page you fill out the info --> Remote host , remote user , remote password , remote directory , and backup file name. Then you press "apply" to begin the FTP transfer. It is the equipment that is starting the process. It sends a probe , to check the remote FTP server is online and opens up communication , a few seconds later the download should begin. I just tells me this --->" Host not found, FTP server not found, or connection rejected". The equipment doesnt allow an external FTP server to connect (if I try to connect from the FlashFXP end ).

Basically I need the FlashFXP server to be on and waiting to be connected to , and to accept a connection based on the info filled in on the remote equipment .
I cant get it to work on the older equipment either (whereas the 3com server does work).

Is this possible with FlashFXP ? This must be an obvious "new guy " question , but I am grateful for any help or suggestions.

iceman
Old 01-20-2003, 06:50 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

FlashFXP is an ftp CLIENT.
what you are looking for is ftp SERVER..and possibly even tftp server.
here's a list to get you started in the right direction http://directory.google.com/Top/Comp...t/Servers/FTP/
Old 01-20-2003, 07:02 PM   #3
iceman

Thanks for the quick response mxxCon. I thought that a client received , and a server , well , served ! I read that you can do server to server transfers also.. I have build 901 and am using w2k pro.

I am going to check out the link you sent , thanks once again.

iceman
Old 01-21-2003, 04:55 PM   #4
iceman

Lightbulb WFTPD

WFTPD v3.1 works just fine , I found it this morning.

iceman

Tags
equipment, flashfxp, ftp, remote, server