Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 12-31-2002, 10:28 AM   #1
DB666

Default File Size Incorrect

I have encounted a problem recently where by when a file is downloaded/uploaded FlashFXP only uploads 99% of it, thus making it currupt/unreadable.

For example, I upload a HTML page to my website the correct file size on my HDD is 60,341bytes but when i try to view the file is it missing info from the page. If i try to upload the page again, it asks if i wish to over write the file on the FTP but it shows its file size as 59,390 on the FTP (even though it was 60,341 when i tried to uload it earlier)...

Had this problem on quite a few FTP sites(if not all) I was using an old version which I've sinced updated which fixed the problem tempoarly but the problem has come back again

I was told by a friend of mine that this problem was something he encounted in an earlier version and thought it was fixed or there was a fix for it but I was unable to find it on the website.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I am a bit rushed for time and haven't checked all the forum

TIA

Damien
Old 12-31-2002, 02:08 PM   #2
DYN_DaTa
FlashFXP Scripter

Crackers must work better...

If you are using a legit FlashFXP copy (which build?) some of the devs here can help you.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:05 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

uploading a html file, you're uploading in ASCII mode. ASCII mode transfers will change the file size. Some types of files must be uploaded in ASCII. if you want the file to be identical you need to transfer it in BINARY mode.

You can remove html from the ascii transfer list, Options > Filters > ASCII Tab.

or force binary mode
FTP > Transfer Mode > Binary
Old 01-01-2003, 02:14 PM   #4
DB666

The problem is not just on HTML files it was just an example does it for all files that are uploaded what ever file type they might be. The build, is afaik the latest downloaded it just before i posted(Build 879)

As for a "legit" copy, i am currently on an evaluation so..

Thanks for the help

Damien
Old 01-01-2003, 03:15 PM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The latest build is 906, I think the build you're using is a beta.

Post a copy of the status text, It will say whether the file was transferred in ASCII or BINARY, there are quite a few file types that are transferred in ASCII mode. If you don't want them to you need to remove them from the list.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:34 PM   #6
DB666

Thanks for your help again

I've attached the file(never used this before so dunno if it will work )
Old 01-01-2003, 11:35 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

All the files are being uploaded in ASCII mode. If you did not configure FlashFXP to do this more than likely you got a bad copy of FlashFXP. Please download FlashFXP directly from our website at https://oss.azurewebsites.net/download.php
Old 01-02-2003, 05:47 PM   #8
DB666

OK thanks for you're help, much appreciated

Tags
file, ftp, page, problem, size