Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

General Discuss anything and everything related to FlashFXP

Old 08-04-2002, 11:24 PM   #1
Azazel00

Question Problems when transferring???

Hey there guys.. Im behing a Proxy (WinProxy), and for some reason, when im connected to an FTP through FlashFXP (either uploading or downloading) It transfer fo 5 minutes (exactly) and then disconnects, reconnects and resumes the download/upload for five mins, and then disconnects again.. etc etc.... This has become really bothersome...

I tried transferring from the "Proxy Server" and it transfers without interruptions, so i figured it wasnt a problem with my ISP... then i tried using a WS_FTP Demo, and it didnt interrupt the transfer... plus i noticed a little difference in the way it trasnferred..

I use DU meter to see how transfers go, and when transferring with FlashFXP it sends about 40Kb at once, then sort of rests for a second, Then sends 40kbs more and then rests a second, and so on.. WS_FTP on the other hand had a constant 12kb/s transfer... strange, isnt it?

I also tried the newest build's demo.. but no luck either..

Got any advice that you can give?
Thanks in advance!

BTW: I tried upping to a friend's FTP and he told me that the problem it gave was a "426 Connection closed; transfer aborted." Is that meaningful to any of you?
Old 08-05-2002, 01:58 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

on proxy config tab, try checking "send noop during transfer"
Old 08-05-2002, 02:17 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Perhaps ws_ftp does something special to keep the connection alive, I don't know what it could be. If you could find out we can try to add the same feature to FlashFXP.

As for the transfer speed I can't explain the difference, FlashFXP uses streaming sockets, data is continually sent and should not appear in bursts as you have described.

The option mxxcon suggested should be used with caution, it is an experimental feature that can often cause more problems. If you start to encounter problems after enabling this option be sure to disable it.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:20 PM   #4
Azazel00

Alright.. the "Send noops during transfer" fxed the problem... Thanx MxxCOn.. it does gives transfer errors more often than it would be normal.. bu i guess i can live with that..

CEDsoft, is that the kind of problems it is supposed to give? Also, will this feature be implemented (and fixed) for the next release of FlashFXP?

Thanks for the help guys...
Old 08-07-2002, 12:13 AM   #5
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

wild guess, but maybe there's some config in WinProxy for session timeout. try to increase that value and disable "send noop during transfer" and see if that helps.
Old 08-07-2002, 01:44 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

What sort of transfer errors? That's not what I meant, enabling that feature simply wont work with some ftp servers. It makes file transfers impossible.

There's no way to fix it, because nothing is broken. Some ftp servers do not expect or allow commands during a file transfer.
Old 08-07-2002, 03:04 PM   #7
Azazel00

Well, i get an error that looks like this:

Transfer Error!

dunno if it this is what i should be getting...

MxxCon, what kind of setting should i be looking for? sorry for causing such a hassle but im just a newbie...
Old 08-07-2002, 07:47 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Transfer Error! could mean anything, we need to see several lines from the status window.

Tags
demo, disconnects, transfer, transferring, ws_ftp