Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 11-05-2001, 08:11 PM   #1
peakvcty

Default Problem with downloading to mapped networked drives

I'm using v1.4 build 800 of flashfxp on WinXP professional and I noticed a somewhat annoying "bug" with it. When downloading to a network drive(I live in a dorm and sometimes ftp files straight to another persons drive), flash fxp will freeze up once the transfer is started. Flash is actually not frozen though, since if I wait long enough, the download completes and control to the program is regained. when I say freeze, the program locks up, doesn't redraw its window if covered, doesn't accept user input and also does not show any information such as transfer speed, time remaining, etc. Has anyone else seen this behavior before? it only happens when ftping to a drive that I've mapped using windows networking.
Old 11-06-2001, 02:10 AM   #2
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Sounds like a network/disk issue. What filesystem is the mapped drive? FAT16/32/NTFS?
Old 11-06-2001, 07:11 AM   #3
Shark
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I wouldn't really flick pass this issue. Fusion, doesn't totally sound like a network/disk issue.... I don't see what what file system has to do with anything... but lets let Flash decide.

Shark.
Old 11-06-2001, 07:40 AM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Well, it's just that I've experienced the same of disks formatted as FAT32 and mapped remotely. From what I've been able to piece together, it has to do with the access to the disk, and personally, I resolved it by making the disk NTFS.
Old 11-10-2001, 05:06 AM   #5
peakvcty

My drives and the mapped drives are all FAT32. For curisosity I can try to use another ftp program and see if I get a similar result. perhaps its related to the way flashfxp polls the current directory for changes in its contents.
Old 11-10-2001, 10:55 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Well if you're waiting for me I suppose I should respond. However I don't know why that happens. I've never tested FlashFXP downloading to a network drive, you're probably wondering why. Well I only have one computer. Thus no network.

Tags
downloading, freeze, mapped, program, transfer