Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 01-08-2002, 11:40 PM   #1
SectorX4

Angry FlashFXP stopping after transfer

Flash FXP 1.4 build 800.

I have a problem with this build where after I transfer a decent sized file size in my queue flash FXP will disconnect and re-connect.

RETR xxxxxx.xxx
150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for xxxxxx.xxx(14044700 bytes).
Connection lost: Site
Attempting to Reconnect.
Connecting to Site

It'll log back in(without removing the item from the queue) find that it's finished, skip it then go to the next queue item.

Im not sure if this might be fixed in build 829, can someone enlighten me?
Old 01-09-2002, 08:27 AM   #2
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

It was fixed in .827
Old 01-09-2002, 09:34 AM   #3
SectorX4

Thanks
Old 01-16-2002, 08:32 AM   #4
SectorX4

This bug has not been fixed in beta 827, Iam still experiencing it.
Old 01-16-2002, 05:29 PM   #5
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Are you using a modem or some other slow connection? You might need to tweak the rate at which ffxp sends noops during the transfer to ensure the connection stays alive.

Taken from the enclosed versions.txt:
- The 'send noop during transfer' interval can now be changed via the FlashFXP.ini, this value is in seconds.
[main]
SKAI=45
Old 01-16-2002, 05:59 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Well actually this problem isn't completely fixed.. You're probably wondering why.. Well it has been impossible for me to reproduce the exact situation you have encountered. In my lab tests the file size matches and it is removed from the queue. However in your case there must be something slightly different which gives you a different result.
Old 01-17-2002, 06:43 AM   #7
SectorX4

It gets removed from the queue, thats not the problem.

The problem is that FlaashFXP is dis-connecting after completing every file.
Old 01-17-2002, 07:36 AM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Well not entirely, If you had FlashFXP set to overwrite existing files, it would reconnect and overwrite the file and you wouldn't get anywhere. In your case that only works because you have it set to skip the file if equal.

Connection lost: Site
Attempting to Reconnect.
Connecting to Site

That's the FTP server disconnecting/loosing connection.

Does the ftp server have a very low idle timeout?

Does it happen every single time? Would it be possible for me to access the ftp server and see if I can reproduce it?
Old 01-17-2002, 08:38 AM   #9
Kris

Question

Just for the record, I am seeing this in .829

I wanted to ask, Is this a problem with FlashFXP? As I have never experienced this with other clients - Although I have only started using FTP servers heavily just recently.

I ask because I am currently trialing FlashFXP with a *very* serious interest in buying it.

I love the look and feel of FXP but would like to see a possible fix (or workaround) for this if possible.

Any ideas?

PS: The .ini entry... would someone care to elaborate on it, as I can't find that entry within .829's .ini file.

Thanks in advance,

Kris

Old 01-17-2002, 05:18 PM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

If the problem turns out to be FlashFXP (which I doubt) it will be fixed. First we need to determine what is causing the problem.

I keep trying and trying but for the life of me I can't reproduce it. I have spent many hours now going over the source code to no avail.

Perhaps the ftp site is the key factor, could anyone provide me with the details of a problematic ftp server, you can email me @ support@flashfxp.com
Old 01-17-2002, 06:46 PM   #11
Kris

Arrow

Serv-U version 3 apparently.

With all the default settings... I tried to get you permission to access it, but he's paranoid about ppl who he doesn't know accessing his server. (Had a problem with someone before apparently).

Sorry I can't be of any more help, but I will be following this thread with a vested interest.

Thanks,

Kris

Old 01-17-2002, 08:09 PM   #12
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Biggie already has access to a servu site. While it does seem to behave for the most part, I guess we can use it to test a bit.
Kris: Serv-U V3 has no less than 5 different builds, your friend might want to upgrade to see if that helps with your problem.

bigstar, say the word and I'll set up another test-site with the default settings etc.
Old 01-17-2002, 11:26 PM   #13
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Last week I was testing serv-u 3.0 locally, I transferred over 20gb during a test period. I never encountered any problems.

I left a message with fusion and I'll try some remote transfers to see if it makes any difference.
Old 01-18-2002, 02:11 AM   #14
Kris

I'll try and get the build # of his FTP. As well as asking him if he can provide any insight into the admin settings.

@Fusion: The transfers were simply me downloading, I didn't upload anything & haven't yet since installing FlashFXP.

-

@BigStar: I'll see if I can get onto the server today and do some testing of my own to see if I can track down the problem.

-

In case I have inadvertently changed a setting on this computer (which I doubt) what would I have to do to restore FlashFXP to the default settings? Would deleting the .ini do it or would it cause problems with the shareware timing out or something like that?

Also, I just wanted to add that I love the customisability of FlashFXP and how it works... once I am sure that me changing any settings isn't causing this problem I am going to "play" with the various settings.

Thanks for trying to help me sort this problem guys.

Cheers,

Kris

Old 01-18-2002, 03:09 PM   #15
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
I left a message with fusion and I'll try some remote transfers to see if it makes any difference.
Sorry? Where?

Tags
build, connection, item, queue, site