Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 12-31-2001, 04:12 PM   #1
stardude
FlashFXP Registered User

Exclamation 'new' and 'exit' issues with local editor

I use the built-in text editor a great deal. It's very convenient to use in the process of page tweaking.
As I use the editor, I noticed a few bugs:
1) the File- >new menu option will create a new file over an existing *modified* edit session (loosing work). ie: open local file, make a change or two, then choose 'new' from the 'file menu', and *whoosh*, empty window and no prompts to save changes.
2) I've used a few instances of the built-in editor at one time (with local files), and mistakenly forgot to close all the minimized instances of the editor before i exited FlashFXP. The system responded with an error message per window I had open, not simply closing any saved files or prompting to save modified files.
Please reply if these items are need more details.
Thank you.
-stardude
Old 12-31-2001, 04:18 PM   #2
stardude
FlashFXP Registered User

Post version info

i'm using version 1.4.1 build 819 here now.
Old 12-31-2001, 04:54 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default Re: 'new' and 'exit' issues with local editor

Quote:
I use the built-in text editor a great deal. It's very convenient to use in the process of page tweaking.
As I use the editor, I noticed a few bugs:
1) the File- >new menu option will create a new file over an existing *modified* edit session (loosing work). ie: open local file, make a change or two, then choose 'new' from the 'file menu', and *whoosh*, empty window and no prompts to save changes.
I will change how the editor works, so that it always prompts to save when the content has been modified.

Quote:
2) I've used a few instances of the built-in editor at one time (with local files), and mistakenly forgot to close all the minimized instances of the editor before i exited FlashFXP. The system responded with an error message per window I had open, not simply closing any saved files or prompting to save modified files.
Please reply if these items are need more details.
Thank you.
-stardude
This had been addressed in the public beta build 823.

Tags
editor, file, files, local, save