Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 12-30-2001, 07:29 AM   #1
rickh

Default Dir size error

A ftp server supports dir size(all file sizes under current dir) display, and flashFXP can show the correct dir size when browsing it, I found there is a dir size like 2,119,691,432, then upload a file into this dir, size may be 27 or 30 M bytes, then the dir size becomes ZERO after uploading it, but it displays OK under MS-DOS box.

It seems that flshfxp can't recongize the dir size if the dir size is over 2.x G bytes(more or less).
Old 12-30-2001, 12:31 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Currently file sizes are limited to LongInt (2147483647), today i'll go about upgrading it to an int64 which supports sizes up to 9223372036854775807 or there abouts

Unfortunately the TFileStream object used in FlashFXP will still be limited to a LongInt. Support for Int64 wasn't added until Delphi 6 and I use Delphi 4. If anyone happens to know of a way to provide Int64 support to Delphi 4 streams please email me at support@flashfxp.com
Old 12-30-2001, 10:03 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

well I got some great news.. I think the upgrade to support large file sizes was successful. Everything appears to work correctly.

Things went so smoothly I had an idea.. My idea was to take the delphi 6 source (I own delphi 6 Pro) and replace the base TStream class with the one found in delphi 6. I had my doubts about wether or not this would work, after some trial and error I was able to compile the code. I then uploaded & downloaded a 2.3gb file stopping and resuming a few times. I then procceded to test the file with FlashSFV.. hrmm slight problem, it seems FlashSFV has problems with large files too. It was able to correctly generate the CRC but the progressbar/file size was incorrect. Ok so I created a SFV with the original and compared it to the copy I uploaded & downloaded. (several hours later)
Success..

I'll post a new build experimental tomorrow
Old 12-31-2001, 07:06 AM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

snicker... The nest time you need to test large files, let me help. I can do it minutes rather than hours.
Old 12-31-2001, 11:54 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

perhaps I wasn't clear What i meant was it took several hours to get the large file handling working correctly.

Not to mention the time it took me to find a ftp server capable of handling > 2gb files. Every windows ftp server I tested had atlest 1 problem with large files.
Old 12-31-2001, 12:07 PM   #6
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

Okay, we won't mention your modem.

Tags
bytes, dir, file, size, uploading