Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 01-21-2003, 10:47 PM   #1
tomasen

Default Place in tray when minimized...

I checked
Option -> Perference -> Display -> Place in tray when minimized

Then I minimize , and Restore and Minimize again, Then I can't find FlashFXP anymore!
Put to another way: I can't Minimize FlashFXP more than 2 times. If I do, the FlashFXP which runing will disapear from desktop.
I still can see FlashFXP.exe is still runing as a process in TASK MANAGER. But I have no way to find the tray icon nor show in taskbar.

Win XP Pro SP1
FlashFXP 2.0 build 908 so far (early versions have same problem)
Old 01-22-2003, 04:02 AM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

do you have autohide systray icons enabled in xp?
Old 01-25-2003, 05:48 PM   #3
PieterViljoen
FlashFXP Registered User

I am experiencing the same type of problem.

However I do not thnk it is minimize related. My FlashFXP build 908 has been running for some days (uploading to a very slow site) being opened from the try icon area and minimized again.

Then it just went missing.

The only way to see the window is when FlashFXP brings up a confirmation dialog when the site I am uploading to got disconnected and FlashFXP asks to resume. Minimizing again and the icon is missing.

System: Registered FlashFXP, XP Pro SP1, hide inactive icons enabled.

Bug?
Old 01-25-2003, 07:22 PM   #4
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

it's a problem related with "hide inactive icons". even setting FlashFXP to never hide still doesn't fix it.
untill there's better fix either from MS or FlashFXP all i can suggest is to disable "hide inactive icons"..
Old 05-10-2003, 10:47 PM   #5
Dace
FlashFXP Registered User

Hmm ... came across exactly the same issue using build 2.1 (922) (using F9 hide to tray) - ... 'hide inactive icons' was already disabled.

I fixed it by ENABLING 'hide inactive icons' and then immediately disabling it again.

I fully accept its probably an MS issue but since it cannot be said that 'disabling' that tray feature prevents the problem perhaps it might be worth adding a little note in the FAQs about how to fix it?
Just IMO ..

Cheers
Old 05-11-2003, 09:58 AM   #6
Willy

this is not about an " MS issue " was happening to me on latest v2.1 version. i was able to fix it myself

Good luck!

Old 05-15-2003, 04:41 PM   #7
wanton74

Tried new FlashFXP and had this same very problem in Win XP and it only happens when you stress computer like put something taking most of processing power like video encoding example and then try to minimize FlashFXP then you never get tray at all but first time you minimize it to tray it works everytime even when lot of processor power is used. So fault seems to be in FlashFXP code. It probably doesn't do everything like it should second time it's minimized.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:32 PM   #8
phyber
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Foundation User

This is also not "Hide Inactive Icons" related, because I have had it happen to me, when I don't even use that option.

Both times it happened, I was running a different program that would be using all the CPU (eg. ALT+TAB'ed out of a game), maximised FlashFXP to check it's progress, then when I minimised to tray again, it was gone.
Old 05-15-2003, 06:09 PM   #9
wanton74

Well might be but i have that hide inactive icons disable all the time i mean i don't use it at all so can't be that for me.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:18 PM   #10
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

if you are running unregistred version, make sure you are upgraded to build 923. if fixed some issues related to unexpected exit.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:23 AM   #11
theo
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I doubt it's a flashfxp issue, had the very same prob with msn messenger tray icon and a few others while running cpu intensive operations (auto hide tray icons enabled)
i'd say this goes at the bottom of the long bug list of winxp pro sp1
Old 05-16-2003, 06:04 AM   #12
wanton74

Tested that 923 version and still same thing tray icon disappears second time it's minimized to tray if there is lot of processor usage. I tested another program DC++ (p2p software) in same situation since it puts tray icon into tray when it's minimized and removes it when you click tray icon just like FlashFXP and DC++ works just fine without disappering tray icon in Windows XP (no auto hide on). DC++ is opensource so you can check what they do diffrently from their sourcecode.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:08 AM   #13
wanton74

Just add something i to clear thing up is that flashfxp keeps running on the background even when tray icond disappear. Example if you had download on when you minimize it then download is still running.
Old 11-29-2003, 06:14 AM   #14
jcksbc

I got the same problem and it's happens both when "Hide inactive Icons" option is on or off!

Flashfxp disappears from the taskbar but still is a running process in the background.

Windows XP Pro SP1
FlashFXP v2.1 build 922 Registered

Tags
find, flashfxp, minimize, runing, tray