Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 12-02-2001, 12:06 PM   #1
mhe

Default Download w/o problem still defective files

I`ve noticed this, i don´t know if it`s a bug in FlashFXP or even related to FlashFXP.

I can download a whole CD with 40 rar files for example, and when im done i have problem unpacking them, some files may be defective (still the exact same bytes, and no resume has been done). And the files are not defect from the FTP server, i can redownload them and it unpacks fine.

I use a dlink router, Win2000 and a 2.5mbit ADSL connection.

Don´t know if you need any other info.
Old 12-02-2001, 04:34 PM   #2
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

i assume you transfer those rars as binary..

your connection could be at fault..noisy line, bad tcp/ip settings..
how often does that happen?
Old 12-02-2001, 06:20 PM   #3
mhe

"i assume you transfer those rars as binary.. "

Yes.

Im thinking it`s some setting. Actually, this happened so frequent (50%+) that i got back to my old ftp program (CuteFTP). And it didnt happen so i was thinking i solved it

But now today i got it again, in CuteFTP.. Downloaded about 5.5GB of data, and one CD has 3 corrupted files.

From the beginning i thought it had to do with resume, that you have to put a couple of KB rollback, but thats not it because these files are not resumed. I know there is some setting about receiver/send buffering, can that have something to do with it?

I think my TCP/IP settings are pretty straight forward, class C net, D-Link as the router adress on all the computers, and a DNS.. Don`t think its anything there.
Old 12-02-2001, 07:40 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The majority of all files must be transferred in binary mode.

There are several illegal cracks which bypass the nag screen, these cracks damage FlashFXP and cause it to malfunction and in some cases transfer binary files in ascii mode, which results in corrupted transfers.

If you are unsure about your copy of FlashFXP. Download it directly from our website or tucows. Install it into a new folder and then import your existing site list.

DO NOT install it into the existing FlashFXP folder, the existing files are not overwrite and the problem may persist.
Old 12-05-2001, 03:16 PM   #5
mhe

I havent applied any crack, i tried going back to FlashFXP for a couple of days.. Reinstalled it exactly as you said.

I downloaded 2.5GB data~ (166 rar`s~), one rar file currupt..

I redownloaded it, and then it worked.

Any other suggestions? Im thinking its probably not FlashFXP related..
Old 12-05-2001, 03:18 PM   #6
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

It's probably just one of those things..The internet is a living, breathing beast with a mind of its own.
Old 06-02-2002, 01:38 PM   #7
Holmes

Default same thing

im pretty sure i get the same thing when i dl stuff. the file sizes however, are off by just a few bytes. thus the files fail when i use a svf checker, i dont know if its the flashfxp, ive tried everything, different versions, the betas everything, so unless its a setting i dont have a clue. its just really frustrating. any help is appreciated, recommendations on settings, anything at all.

thanks
Old 06-02-2002, 01:53 PM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

There may be a problem with FlashFXP completely downloading files, missing a few bytes. I am assuming the files you downloaded are smaller? I'm not sure if this is server or software specific. I am still trying to find a server where I can reproduce the problem. If you can provide me with a server for testing it would greatly speed things up.
Old 06-02-2002, 01:59 PM   #9
Holmes

i dont think its the server, its happened on all my sites. and these are 15,000,000 files that end up being 14,991,948. so i cant unrar them and whatnot. maybe its just a setting thing i have wrong. thanks for the help, hope we can figure this out

see like this
Transferred: remrm.cd2-sevcd.r45 14,991,948 bytes in 14:40 (16.63 KB/Sec)

that file is supposed to be 15,000,000.

im lost
Old 06-02-2002, 02:24 PM   #10
Holmes

Default hmm

and i know its not my connection, it happened when i was on my schools network too. any ideas are much appreciated
Old 06-02-2002, 02:35 PM   #11
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Do you know which software is being used for the ftp server?
Also be sure you have the latest FlashFXP beta 855.

I don't think it's a setting but it could be a compatibity issue between FlashFXP and the FTP server software.
Old 06-02-2002, 02:44 PM   #12
Holmes

im trying 855 now, this was happening with all the earlier versions though, i just started with 855, so hope that will take care of it.
the servers are running either serv-u and glftpd i believe
Old 06-02-2002, 02:45 PM   #13
Holmes

could it be other software that i have running or installed, im thinking this is the more likely cause
Old 06-02-2002, 02:55 PM   #14
Holmes

or maybe its running multiple flashfxp's at once, im officially stumped, but i can do my best to answer any questions so we can figure this out
Old 06-02-2002, 03:31 PM   #15
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Well you're not the first to report this problem, and all the questions in the world aren't going to solve it.

If you could find out if it's serv-u or glftpd that would be a big help. I use serv-u locally for all my testing and it works flawlessly. On the other hand I don't have any glftpd servers to test with.

I *think* the other people who had this problem were using glftpd but i'm not entirely sure, I'll have to check my notes.

Tags
don´t, download, files, flashfxp, problem