Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 12-04-2002, 06:43 AM   #1
TerjeMikal

Default Large files causes disconnects

This is a problem I've had since the 1.4 days, but only recently have I discovered what causes it, and I believe it must be a bug in FlashFXP:

If I download or upload files of some size (I believe the problem starts at around 300 - 350MB), FlashFXP will disconnect with message "Connection lost" when that file finishes (causing an immediate reconnect and then skipping retransfer since that file has been completely transferred).

This also happens if I transfer several queued files with a total size greater than the 350MB boundary (it disconnects after the file that crosses that boundary has been transferred).

I've tried this on several different FTP's, and it always happens.

I have only tried this with passive mode, due to my company's firewall.

Using FlashFXP v2.0 Build 902.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:11 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

A firewall/router will manage socket connections and close connections that have been idle for a long period. When the router closes the connection it doesn't inform the client or the server. When the transfer is completed FlashFXP tries to send a command and that's when it determines the connection has been lost.

There really isn't much you can do about it.

FlashFXP does contain an option to help eliminate this problem but reports have shown that in most cases it causes more problems. The options is located at Preferences > Proxy Tab > Send noops during transfer.

If you encounter any new problems you will need to uncheck this option. This option will cause different compatiblity problems depending on the ftp server software.

Tags
350mb, file, files, flashfxp, size