Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 11-30-2001, 05:59 AM   #1
Hulio

Question can't delete local files

Hi,

Just downloaded and installed FlashFXP and loving it. Congrats bigstar! Looks like bulletproof ftp is gonna get the boot from me. :P

Don't know if this has been reported by anyone yet, but I can't seem to be able to delete files in the local view, whether using the del key or the r-click menu. However, if I r-click the file, then choose "Explorer Menu..." (kick-ass feature by the way) and THEN click delete, it deletes just fine (sticks it in the recycle bin). I have this problem regardless of the delete files confirmation setting in preferences, but I guess that setting only applies to remote files.

I'm using an unregistered demo of FlashFXP 1.4.1 build 819 (latest version as far as I can tell from this forum) running on Win2K SP2. I have Zonealarm Pro 2.6.362 running in the background.

Thanks,

Hulio
Old 11-30-2001, 09:14 AM   #2
Linkster
Administrator

Hmm, local delete working fine here...winxp btw...are you trying to delete off a network drive? My server is down so i didn't get to test that.
Old 11-30-2001, 02:26 PM   #3
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

do you get any errors msgs? or it just doesn't do anything?
perhaps those files are in use somewhere else..?
Old 11-30-2001, 02:56 PM   #4
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

I've actually had this thing on several builds, but it went away when I restarted the app. And it's limited to the single instance, so I'm guessing it's OS-related..
Old 11-30-2001, 03:13 PM   #5
Hulio

Thanks for the quick replies. Just trying to delete off my hard drive. Any old file, nothing that's in use by any other app. I get no error messages, just a quick flash of the hourglass animation, and then nothing. The file's still there, both in the local display in FlashFXP and in Explorer. I've tried restarting FlashFXP. Same problem in every instance (single or multiple) that I try.

Can't think of anything too unique on my system. Using NTFS, no compression or encryption or indexing going on. One thing that is a little unique is that I've set my desktop to be C:\Desktop for simplicity (using TweakUI). But that shouldn't matter much since the problem exists for files in all folders.

Have all the latest from Windows Update, except for IE (using 5.5 SP2).
Old 12-12-2001, 11:12 AM   #6
exseven
FlashFXP Registered User

ive had flash delete files when i tell it to
but it wont refresh imideiatly, maybe if u refresh they will have been deleted
Old 12-12-2001, 12:32 PM   #7
Fusion
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Registered User

The new build in the public beta forum is supposed to fix this issue (I really should pick it up).

Tags
delete, files, r-click, running, setting