Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

Bug Reports Report bugs here. (non-beta releases only)

Old 10-31-2002, 05:14 PM   #1
Babylon

Default [ Possible Bug ] Limit port range

Under "limit local port range" i set it to 1024 to 2048 which worked to start off with, and then i configured my firewall to allow access to those ports from FlashFXP.

But, the next time i started FlashFXP norton internet security warned that FlashFXP is accessing using local port 3886, 3887 etc. When i looked at the options they still had the option to limit ports on, and i changed the options too but it seemed to make no dofference.

Please help as i perfer not granting all internet access from a program (it's a paranoid being hacked thing! )

Also, is it possible to limit an FTP client to use only one port? like 1024? (sorry, i don't have much knowledge on stuff :/ )

[ Edit]
Forgot to mention, which is probably important, i'm using windows xp and norton internet security 2003.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:05 PM   #2
Linkster
Administrator

I think you misunderstand the purpose of this option. The limit local port range is so you can use PORT mode rather than PASV even when you are behind a firewall/router. FlashFXP does then use those ports only for receiving data...however, it will respond to requests on any port between 1024 and 65536. Usually, you need at least 10 ports open for each instance of flashfxp you run at once.....I don't think its possible to make flashfxp exclusively use a range of ports for all communication.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:12 PM   #3
Babylon

Oh Thanks though
Old 10-31-2002, 06:15 PM   #4
Babylon

Thing was to start off with it seemed like it was working but i think it must have been weird coincidence

Tags
access, flashfxp, internet, limit, port