Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #16
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Yil, I'm running latest 4.1 stable and even with previous betas, i couldn't replicate your problem..
Old 09-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #17
frostyboy
FlashFXP Beta Tester

hi bigstar

win7 ultimate sp1 32 bit

just noticed in control panel - programs and features, flashfxp is listed as version 4.0 and not 4.1

Some suggestions
1. Custom install should give a TOTAL file size of the entire selected nstall as well instead of individual components
2. Typical install should still state what is actually being installed, and what is not and also give a total size of the installation
frostyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #18
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyboy View Post
hi bigstar

win7 ultimate sp1 32 bit

just noticed in control panel - programs and features, flashfxp is listed as version 4.0 and not 4.1

Some suggestions
1. Custom install should give a TOTAL file size of the entire selected nstall as well instead of individual components
2. Typical install should still state what is actually being installed, and what is not and also give a total size of the installation
I noticed this mistake earlier today as well.

I'm not entirely sure if the installer we use can provide this information, however I will look into this for future releases.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:01 PM   #19
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Regarding the 'e' bug...

Brand new 4.1 stable portable install. Create a custom command like 'site who'. Enable View->Raw command line. Login to site, execute custom command, then type 'site who' into raw command line. That works. Now go back and create a command group like say test, move the 'site who' custom command into that group, and execute it. You can no longer enter 'e' (maybe other chars) into the raw command line.

Not sure why, but the command must not be at the top level... Opening up the command edit window and clicking OK will fix the problem until the next custom command from a group is used...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:20 AM   #20
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
Create a custom command like 'site who'. Enable View->Raw command line. Login to site, execute custom command, then type 'site who' into raw command line. That works. Now go back and create a command group like say test, move the 'site who' custom command into that group, and execute it. You can no longer enter 'e' (maybe other chars) into the raw command line.
I was able to replicate this. followed these steps and e stops working.

It doesn't work in the custom command line or in location box above file listing but seem to be working in popup window like new dir.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:47 AM   #21
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I really hate being left out on this one. I followed your steps but was unable to reproduce it. I have to wonder though if perhaps the command shortcut is somehow set to e? Having a global shortcut as a single key press without a modifier key would explain the behavior you reported.

I am not seeing any obvious issues with the code that would or could explain this though.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:00 AM   #22
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Who knew it required the custom command to be in a group and not at the top? Or at least the custom commands having a group defined anywhere as I thought it happened without using a command from one when I first found it.

Either way, it's a fresh install of the portable with only those steps I wrote performed so there isn't any shortcut key defined anywhere.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #23
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

My Custom Commands menu is empty other than this test command and its shortcut is set to "None"
Old 09-16-2011, 11:15 AM   #24
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I'm not sure what to make of this bug, I managed to reproduce the issue in 4.1 stable portable following your instructions, however it does not show up in a fresh compile with no code changes, I only recompiled FlashFXP so I could run it through the debugger.

I will send you a re-compiled exe and see if the problem magically disappears.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:11 AM   #25
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I don't think a re-compile is going to fix it, I first reported this problem in 1643 and it exists in 1645 and the stable (1648).

Tags
file, flashfxp, rename, syntax, transferred