Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default FlashFXP 4.1 RC 3 build 1637

FlashFXP 4.1 RC 3 build 1637
  1. Fixed > Expand Folders while not connected resulted in an lockup.
  2. Fixed > Uploading large files > 8+gb would often timeout when transferred over a local network.
  3. Fixed > FTP > MLSD compatibility issue > Some FTP servers don't set the default MLSD parameters, as a result FlashFXP would display an empty directory.

Known Bugs
  1. I just noticed that the timezone offset bug that was fixed in 1635 isn't 100% fixed, there are some conditions that cause the fix to fail, this will be addressed in the next build.

Last edited by bigstar; 08-25-2011 at 05:33 PM.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
vodka218
FlashFXP Beta Tester

This bug isn't specific to this build, but rather to builds for a couple of months.

Downloading .sfv files from glftpd servers seems to stall the client. It's just a loop of downloading the file at 98%. I have to either wait for it to timeout or disconnect. When I do that, however, the .sfv has been downloaded like it should.

Odd bug, but it's reproducible 100% of the time for me.
vodka218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:30 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by vodka218 View Post
This bug isn't specific to this build, but rather to builds for a couple of months.

Downloading .sfv files from glftpd servers seems to stall the client. It's just a loop of downloading the file at 98%. I have to either wait for it to timeout or disconnect. When I do that, however, the .sfv has been downloaded like it should.

Odd bug, but it's reproducible 100% of the time for me.
What version of glftpd is being used? I tested glftpd v2.01 and its working fine for me.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:16 PM   #4
frostyboy
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Queue files now being saved to c:\program files\flashfxp\4\ instead of c:\users\frosty\appdata\roaming\flashfxp\4
and thus when the queue list appears, the previous fqf files do not appear

Also when opening a 2nd, 3rd Flashfxp session etc, the queue dialog box does not appear
frostyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:59 AM   #5
Yonatan
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Since I've upgraded to version 4.1, the issue I've described here seems to be resolved(because I didn't got any of those weird words since the upgrade) - but when I've upgraded to this build(1637), I got this weird words again.

I'm upgrading every time you release new build. so I'm sure that is something with the latest build(or maybe 1 or 2 before that).
Yonatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:06 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyboy View Post
Queue files now being saved to c:\program files\flashfxp\4\ instead of c:\users\frosty\appdata\roaming\flashfxp\4
and thus when the queue list appears, the previous fqf files do not appear

Also when opening a 2nd, 3rd Flashfxp session etc, the queue dialog box does not appear
Are you using the regular or portable edition of FlashFXP?

This can be determined via > Help > About > Info tab.

Perhaps you installed the portable edition by mistake? The portable edition should not be installed anywhere under the \program files\ folder.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:32 AM   #7
benjamin3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I experience, site2site with global rule "if equal then skip" ends sometimes :

[L] 425 SSL_accept DATA connection error (null).: Connection reset by peer.
[L] 550 Data connection: Success
[L] List Error
[L] Transfer Failed: filename.rar
[L] Transfer Failed!

in this case the destination files WAS definitiely there because i have also the option "reload directory listing on each transfer attempt".

on transfer error is set to SKIP globally, so why it wipes my destiantion file and re-begins ? i just wonder

regards
benjamin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:35 AM   #8
benjamin3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

And to describe more in detail, the first file which had error skipped properly and appears in the list as "skipped", instead of skipping all the others it just overwrties every other destination file instead of skipping, so this is definitatly some bug ! ;-)

lets summarize again:

you have 100% same files/sizes on destination, you try to site2site again to the same files with same source files, it ends in transfer error (i think some source/deinstation ftp problem, we dont have to checkout whats wrong here), skips the first file , keeps this first file in the list as "skipped, error", and instead of skipping all the other - already exisiting files on destination - it just overwrites.

thats not good , me not like ;-)
Old 08-28-2011, 04:00 AM   #9
benjamin3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

anyone experiecing this : in right-pane i clicked "view/edit" some .txt file , my external editor opens, i close it and suddenly the right-pane has option under "VIEW - Right folder treee" activated, never used this option so did i misclicked somewhere? i dont think so.

strange ;-9

EDIT. LOL! thats reproducable !! just go in right pane , connect to some source , click EDIT rightclick on some .txt file , then close your editor, and suddenly "VIEW _ RIGHT FOLDER tree" is activated".

funny aint ;-) also reproducable if you click VIEW , rigghtclick your editor opens shows the text file you close the editor and agaibn rigth folder_tree is activated.

cant reproduce in left_pane. ;( what a pity
Old 08-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #10
benjamin3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Could you implement that if you Sync some folder with STRG+D , files with different sizes "stay" ? so you see e.g. incompletes. a sort of Sync "file sizes"... what do you think ? perhaps a "new" shortcut .

Tags
build, fixed, flashfxp, ftp, mlsd