Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default FlashFXP 4.1 RC 3 build 1632

FlashFXP 4.1 Build 1632 (RC 3)
  1. Fixed > Installer > The installer was creating a folder named M_NAME in the folder where the setup was run. The installer script was using the actual variable name and not the value.
  2. Fixed > Remote View/Edit > When navigating cached folders the download routine was requesting the file size which was unnecessary step, and in some cases the server current working directory wasn't the location of the file.
  3. Added > Queue List > Additional state icons for en-queued move and rename commands.
  4. Changed > Renamed whatsnew.rtf on the Help menu to "Release Notes" and the file to "Release Notes.rtf" and now the file is displayed within the internal editor. (due to this change you'll need to wait until the next build before you can use this feature. since the previous build is responsible for creating the file.)
  5. Fixed > Local Browser > When list content in the local file browser was updated due to a external event the content wasn't redrawn correctly.

FlashFXP 4.1 Build 1631 (RC 3)

1. Fixed > queue list > sort > The sort behavior didn't match the column arrow.
  2. Fixed > Transfer Graph > Splitter > The splitter above the transfer graph wasn't using the same style as the other splitter controls.
  3. Fixed > keyboard shortcuts > The behavior of Ctrl+J and Ctrl+K was based only on the active side instead of being dynamic, if one side is local browser and the other remote browser then these shortcuts should function globally regardless of the active side.
  4. Fixed > Remote File Search > CHMOD > After performing a CHMOD operation an access violation crash was triggered.
  5. Fixed > Transfer Graph > 3D Type > When the graph display was set to 3D the transfer speed drawn on the graph was overlapping the border on the right side.
  6. Fixed > Transfer Graph > After opening the Preferences dialog and making any change, then clicking Apply or OK, the Transfer graph height was reset to default.
  7. Fixed > Transfer > Synchronization > When using "One way with delete" with a download FlashFXP would crash with an access violation.
  8. Fixed > Queue > Edit > The dialog was showing "Multiple Selected" in the window title even when a single item was selected.
  9. Fixed > A defect in a general purpose date/time to string conversion routine that resulted in the incorrect result.
  10. Fixed > File Transfers > File Exist dialog > When displaying the file date/time, if the date/time was invalid the file would be automatically skipped due to a silent internal error.
  11. Fixed > Language Translations > When a string is untranslated the English text is supposed to be displayed, However due to a defect no text was shown.
  12. Fixed > Live Update > Auto check > Messages shown in the status window weren't properly stripped of the ending CR/LF.
  13. Fixed > Live Update > If the user manually ran an update check while the automatic update check was in progress it could could create a race condition that could lead to FlashFXP crashing.
  14. Fixed > File Transfers > date/time comparison > An unexpected result could occur if the file had an invalid file date, such as files with a creation/modified date older than 1980.
Please download the update via LiveUpdate

Last edited by bigstar; 08-21-2011 at 10:28 PM.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #2
Blubi
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Fixed > Live Update > If the user manually ran an update check while the automatic update check was in progress it could could create a race condition that could lead to FlashFXP crashing.
Sadly still crashing
Blubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubi View Post
Sadly still crashing
I don't think the issue you experienced is related to what was fixed, FlashFXP will only automatically check for an update once a day and your problem was triggered every time you checked for an update. This fix was specific to the automatic check while a manual check was being performed.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
Blubi
FlashFXP Beta Tester

It was nearly everytime.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
Kikrtech
FlashFXP Registered User

Since updating it is crashing every single time I start up the program. Trying to find a version that doesn't crash.
Kikrtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #6
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Flash not changing to directory before issuing commands.

CWD and list dir1 then CWD and list dir2. If you go back to dir1 (which is cached) and attempt to view a file (regular transfers as well I believe) it attempts to try and SIZE the file without first changing directories to dir1 like it used to. It gets the file the 2nd time by using the complete path though, but if this was operating on a file like file_id.diz which would be in both it would be the wrong file... I'm not sure when this behavior started but it isn't super new as I remember seeing odd things like this for a while now, but because it would get it right on the automatic retry I didn't investigate it.

Last edited by Yil; 08-20-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:51 AM   #7
Blubi
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Just tested a bit and crashing bug was introduced in 1629, no problem here in 1628.
In 1631 issue became worse.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:06 AM   #8
bassiliin
FlashFXP Registered User

I noticed that latest builds create empty M_NAME folder in the folder where installer is launched. I'm using portable version.
bassiliin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikrtech View Post
Since updating it is crashing every single time I start up the program. Trying to find a version that doesn't crash.
What is your operating system and what cpu brand/model?
Old 08-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
Flash not changing to directory before issuing commands.
Thank you, This issue appears to be specific to view/edit because it uses absolute paths rather than relative paths, This issue occurs within the routine that checks the remote server file size. It would not result in the wrong file being downloaded, just the wrong size being returned. In this situation the size isn't even needed because the size is used to evaluate the file transfer rules and these rules do not apply to view/edit. I will address this issue in the next release.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:26 AM   #11
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassiliin View Post
I noticed that latest builds create empty M_NAME folder in the folder where installer is launched. I'm using portable version.
Thank you, I have found the problem and it will be addressed in the next build.

The installer uses an unusual scripting language and I had a " (double quote) when I should of had ' (single quotes) around the action and the variable should of had double quotes but in stead it was using single quotes. So both were reversed causing the N_NAME variable name to be passed, rather than the value of N_NAME, as the parameter.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:02 PM   #12
LBeansy
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubi View Post
Sadly still crashing
Same here.

~Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 - Main Computer & Laptop
~Microsoft Security Essentials Antivirus - (Win 7)
~Running Behind NAT/Router [x] Yes - Linksys AC1900 / EA6900
~Running Firewall [x] Yes - Windows Firewall
~Network: Cable, Comcast

~Installation Details:
Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1

FlashFXP version: 5.4.0 (build 3970)
Operating System: Windows 7 x64 Service Pack 1
Installation type: Per User - User data folder

Program folder [Access: Read / Write]
C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashFXP 5\

Data folder [Access: Read / Write]
C:\Users\Lance\AppData\Roaming\FlashFXP\5\

Shared data folder [Access: Read / Write]
C:\ProgramData\FlashFXP\5\

Temp folder [Access: Read / Write]
C:\Users\Lance\AppData\Local\Temp\
LBeansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FlashFXP 4.1 Build 1632 (RC 3) released.

I am still trying to figure out whats going on with Live Update.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:00 PM   #14
spudgun
FlashFXP Beta Tester

When connecting to/tranferring files from a drftpd based site flash fxp 4 can't use the remove failed transfers from queue option to skip the crc check notices in each folder. If this option is ticked you just get caught in an endless loop as flash tries and fails to enter the folder (CWD) which it can't do as these folders don't really exist and it just keeps trying and trying and not moving on to the next file.

For example;

[R] CWD /*** file name removed *** /[ 28 of 28 files = 100% complete of 1.4GB]
[R] 550 /*** file name removed ***/[ 28 of 28 files = 100% complete of 1.4GB]: File not found
[R] 550 /*** file name removed ***/[ 28 of 28 files = 100% complete of 1.4GB]: File not found

With the option to remove failed transfers from the queue unticked you just get a failed transfer in the queue and it goes on to the next file. However, this isn't ideal as I would prefer flash not to even bother with these files (Setting it to skip 0 byte folders has no effect on the problem)

I have tried several of the latest builds, including the one released on 21st August and this problem seems to be present on all of them

I also have flash 3.6.0 (build 1240) installed and this problem doesn't happen with this version of the software and you just get the 'file not found' error in the ftp log and then it moves on to the next file and removes the crc check from the queue

Last edited by spudgun; 08-21-2011 at 11:28 PM.
spudgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 03:26 AM   #15
ecksteinn
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I run FFxp on a portable hdd. This installer does not properly update my alrewady installed portable version. Instead it tries to install Ffxp new on my C-Drive. The installer was downloaded via the update function of the running instance.
This worked since weeks/month. Today the auto-installation stopped working. I don't install this version else I have to fight with two versions installed on my box and copying files here and there to get it updated.
ecksteinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
download, file, fixed, flashfxp, graph