Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:25 AM   #16
bassiliin
FlashFXP Registered User

Same thing. Usually I open FlashFXP to check new versions and download via live update and always get portable intsaller as I am using portable version but today build 1632 came as regular installer.

Bug or feature?
bassiliin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 06:33 AM   #17
msg7086
FlashFXP Beta Tester

adding files to queue after starting the transfer does not update the taskbar icon percentage (the green bar)

bug or won't fix?
msg7086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:24 AM   #18
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksteinn View Post
I run FFxp on a portable hdd. This installer does not properly update my alrewady installed portable version. Instead it tries to install Ffxp new on my C-Drive. The installer was downloaded via the update function of the running instance.
This worked since weeks/month. Today the auto-installation stopped working. I don't install this version else I have to fight with two versions installed on my box and copying files here and there to get it updated.
This issue appears to occur only when upgrading from build 1631, You can download build 1632 portable edition using this link https://oss.azurewebsites.net/?d=252

A change in build 1631 resulted in it sending the wrong info to the update server, I rewrote this code for build 1632; unaware of this issue, I was trying to fix the crashing. The new code does not contain the flaw that existed in 1631. I tested build 1632 and it does not have this problem.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:35 AM   #19
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudgun View Post
When connecting to/tranferring files from a drftpd based site flash fxp 4 can't use the remove failed transfers from queue option to skip the crc check notices in each folder. If this option is ticked you just get caught in an endless loop as flash tries and fails to enter the folder (CWD) which it can't do as these folders don't really exist and it just keeps trying and trying and not moving on to the next file.

For example;

[R] CWD /*** file name removed *** /[ 28 of 28 files = 100% complete of 1.4GB]
[R] 550 /*** file name removed ***/[ 28 of 28 files = 100% complete of 1.4GB]: File not found..
FlashFXP 4.x and up will re-try failed transfers up to the (user defined amount) and I believe this is what you're seeing. Preferences Dialogs > Transfer > Retry Failed Transfers

I do believe that the proper way to address this special folder is to add it to your skip list.
Set the mask to \[*complete*] and compare to Name of folder

The [ bracket is special in 4.x, so it must be escaped with the \

This should resolve the issue.
Old 08-22-2011, 07:39 AM   #20
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg7086 View Post
adding files to queue after starting the transfer does not update the taskbar icon percentage (the green bar)

bug or won't fix?
It should, how many files are in the queue immediately prior to adding more?

Are you specifically adding files or folders, is it an upload, download, or site to site transfer?
Old 08-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #21
msg7086
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
It should, how many files are in the queue immediately prior to adding more?

Are you specifically adding files or folders, is it an upload, download, or site to site transfer?
let me explain how i find it.

say, a single 6GB file in the queue, with 3GB already done. now resuming the queue (at 50%), add another 6GB single file into download queue. and the taskbar icon is still at the middle (~50%) but expected to be 25% right?

i just meet the problem occasionally and hasn't done many futher tests. this appears both on build1561(my pc) and build1629(my laptop)
Old 08-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #22
ecksteinn
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Thanks bigstar, the portable update setup worked!
ecksteinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:14 AM   #23
msg7086
FlashFXP Beta Tester

BTW, the 'suspend/hibernate after queue completed' function could display an extra prompt to choose if the function would be reset to 'do nothing' or not when booting up. it's annoying if i select hibernate after downloading hugh file before bed yesterday, and today i boot up and use flashfxp a little and it goes to sleep unexpectly as i totaly forget the hibernate option i set before.

all other shutdown function actually shutdown (and reset) flashfxp. but suspend/hibernate will remain flashfxp there and this could cause confusing.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:27 AM   #24
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
BTW, the 'suspend/hibernate after queue completed' function could display an extra prompt to choose if the function would be reset to 'do nothing' or not when booting up.
It only remains active if you set it via the Preferences, as this is the default value that is used on startup (Changing the setting via the preferences doesn't apply to the current session).

To have it apply to the current session only set it via main menu > Session > On Transfer Complete. (This setting is not saved on exit)
Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 AM   #25
msg7086
FlashFXP Beta Tester

switch off 'modern toolbar' option causing flashfxp stop responsing, even kill it and restart.

Code:
flashfxp.ini
[toolbar]
modern=1 <--- This option
back=
button=Classic
Navbutton=Classic
appears on my pc, windows server 2008r2, remote desktop connecting from my laptop, no aero, newly upgraded to 1629 build.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:31 AM   #26
msg7086
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
To have it apply to the current session only set it via main menu > Session > On Transfer Complete. (This setting is not saved on exit)
i mean, hibernate / suspend the computer won't close the flashfxp window. thus the session setting will remain to next time i use it. user may forget what they did last time and reuse the current flashfxp window and that cause the problem.

hope you read my poor english
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #27
msg7086
FlashFXP Beta Tester

another minor bug.

when use stat-l / list method to list directory, the timezone detecting function didn't kill the second part of the time when comparing remote local time and utc time. the list command doesn't return the second part so the offset become 28747sec(actual) instead of 28800sec(expected) if the target file has a second part of 53sec, i.e. 20110101000053 <=> 01JAN 08:00
Old 08-22-2011, 09:06 AM   #28
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
all other shutdown function actually shutdown (and reset) flashfxp. but suspend/hibernate will remain flashfxp there and this could cause confusing.
Oh I see what you're saying, your right, since FlashFXP doesn't shutdown in those two situations on resuming the OS the user might not remember the last setting, I will make this reset back to "do nothing" after being triggered.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #29
spudgun
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
FlashFXP 4.x and up will re-try failed transfers up to the (user defined amount) and I believe this is what you're seeing. Preferences Dialogs > Transfer > Retry Failed Transfers

I do believe that the proper way to address this special folder is to add it to your skip list.
Set the mask to \[*complete*] and compare to Name of folder

The [ bracket is special in 4.x, so it must be escaped with the \

This should resolve the issue.
Thank you, that has resolved the issue :-)
spudgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:26 AM   #30
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
let me explain how i find it.

say, a single 6GB file in the queue, with 3GB already done. now resuming the queue (at 50%), add another 6GB single file into download queue. and the taskbar icon is still at the middle (~50%) but expected to be 25% right?

i just meet the problem occasionally and hasn't done many futher tests. this appears both on build1561(my pc) and build1629(my laptop)
The over-all queue progress percentage shown on the taskbar isn't updated in real-time, it looks like when a file is added to the queue the percentage isn't updated fast enough, it may take up to a minute or more. I will change the way the taskbar progress is updated to ensure that it's updated at least once per second when the percentage changes. Thank you

Tags
download, file, fixed, flashfxp, graph