Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default FlashFXP 4.1 RC 1 build 1619

FlashFXP 4.1 RC 1 build 1619
  1. Fixed path drop-down box > mouse wheel scrolling wasn't being handled directly by FlashFXP when it should have, instead it was relying on the mouse driver to perform the scroll operation.
  2. Fixed status window > scrolling via the scroll-bar thumb was broken if the window contained over 32k lines of text.
  3. Improved status window > 10x speed increase by re-factoring the line wrap routine.
  4. Fixed transfer progress bar > the progress bar wasn't re-sized correctly in some situations, as a result the bottom of the bar was sometimes cut off.
  5. Fixed queue window > drag/drop > in the prior build a setting was incorrect causing abnormal behavior.
  6. Fixed FTP > LIST parser > If the connection was lost or closed the temporary buffer used for parsing wasn't cleared, the following connect/reconnect would then treat the old data as part of the next list data.
  7. Fixed status window > scrolling up to the oldest entry would only display a single line in the bottom of the window.
  8. Fixed remote drop-down box > the drop-down navigation history wasn't updated correctly after 15 items were added.
  9. Fixed FTP > LIST parser > entries with dates older than 1900 were treated as invalid and not shown in the file listing.
  10. Fixed server > rename > caching issue, if a transfer is attempted after rename the internal object cache wasn't correctly updated, re-using the stale cache data.
Please download the update via LiveUpdate

This is a re-release of build 1617 + bug fix. After uploading build 1617 we discovered an issue that was quickly fixed, this fix and update occurred before 1617 was actually made public, however in that time our CDN cached the buggy build. We've had this issue in the past and we use a CDN API to purge the CDN cache prior to any public release, however in an unexpected fashion the CDN control panel/API was down and our purge script didn't report any errors.

This update includes an additional bug fix that was brought to my attention by Lbeansy as I was preparing the new build, so I included it in this update.

Build 1618 contained 4 minor bugs related to the above changes, here's a quick fix for them and I'm sorry that I missed them in my own tests.

Last edited by bigstar; 08-04-2011 at 06:58 AM.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
SnoBrdr
FlashFXP Registered User

Fixed transfer progress bar > the progress bar wasn't re-sized correctly in some situations, as a result the bottom of the bar was sometimes cut off.

This does not appear to be fixed as it is still happening with build 1618.
SnoBrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoBrdr View Post
Fixed transfer progress bar > the progress bar wasn't re-sized correctly in some situations, as a result the bottom of the bar was sometimes cut off.

This does not appear to be fixed as it is still happening with build 1618.
Can you please show us a screenshot, along with windows version & windows theme
Old 08-03-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
SnoBrdr
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Well I tried to start a new session as I am presently using Flash but can't do it.

The New Session button is greyed out.

Will have to send tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:26 AM   #5
SnoBrdr
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
I am using Win 7 Pro with the Windows 7 theme.

I have attached 2 different screenshots.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Screen Shots.rar (220.7 KB, 140 views)
Old 08-04-2011, 06:56 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

This is a different issue then what was fixed, I will need to review this to determine exactly whats going on. Thanks for the screenshots.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:22 PM   #7
SnoBrdr
FlashFXP Registered User

Yet another serious issue has arisen, I have spoken to you about this earlier.

Since build 1616, Flash has been locking up and the only thing that will cure it is to run Task Manager and force the program to close.

You had mentioned low resources so I have attached a screen shot of my Resources when it locks up.

It does not appear that my resources are low, so I have no idea what is going on.

Also Live Update did not work for the 1619 build, I had to manually use the Help section to check for a new version. This was after the reboot.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
jamng
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Local browser drag and drop seems to be broken. I used to be able to drag a file into a folder in the same window and it would put it in the folder I dropped it to. Now it drops it in the root folder it looks like.
jamng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamng View Post
Local browser drag and drop seems to be broken. I used to be able to drag a file into a folder in the same window and it would put it in the folder I dropped it to. Now it drops it in the root folder it looks like.
I am unable to reproduce this issue, are you sure you didnt accidentally drop it on the "parent directory"?

Can you reproduce this issue or was it a one time thing?
Old 08-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
jamng
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I didn't think so when I tried it a couple of times before I rolled back but now on upgrading again it looks fine. I'll fiddle with it some more.
jamng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, download, fixed, flashfxp, ftp