Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1609

FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1609
  1. Fixed > Local Browser > Right-click > Selecting Queue / Transfer would sometimes have no effect when a file was selected.
  2. Fixed > Local Browser > Item Selection > Out of bounds error. I added an additional check to make sure the index is still valid before trying to access the item.
  3. Improved > SFTP > Download transfer speed. Take 3. In this optimization I improved the efficiency of the socket.read() routine when passing data to the SSH protocol handler
  4. Fixed > SFTP > When activating a menu within FlashFXP during a file transfer the transfer would stall and not recover. The transfer will now recover once the menu is closed.
  5. Fixed > SFTP > I found an issue when using SFTP with a proxy server and reworked the code, I was not aware of any proxy issues with SFTP, however there may have been some issues in previous builds.
FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1608
  1. Improved > SFTP > Transfer speed. Take two! This minor change should increase SFTP transfer speed even more. (Small tip: If you want performance over security selecting the ARCFOUR-128 cipher will provide faster transfers vs the default AES-256).
FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1607
  1. Fixed > Queue List > custom item drawing, this prevented items in the marked list or highlights from being drawn in their bold/color style.
FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1606
  1. Fixed > Remote > Sort by file extension, An incorrect field index was supplied to the sort routine causing the sort to fail.
  2. Fixed > Synchronized browsing > Synchronized browsing error dialog > When the folder doesn't exist on the opposite pane and the create button is selected the folder where the directory is created wasn't removed from the cache if the path was relative, however if it was absolute then it was removed.
  3. Fixed > Remote File List > scroll-bar drawing issue, This issue was not noticeable on Windows 7, but could be seen on WinXP SP3.
  4. Fixed > FTP > MODE Z > Download > Using the non-default TCP/IP buffer size could result in a failed transfer.
  5. Fixed > FTP > MODE Z > Download > if the zlib decompression failed the transfer wasn't properly stopped and it continued as if nothing was wrong.
  6. Improved > SFTP > Transfer speed.
  7. Improved > Transfer speed when uploading from a slow local device or network device.
Update available via LiveUpdate

Known issues:
  1. We are currently investigating an issue where aborting a FTP download with MODE Z enabled results in FlashFXP consuming all available memory before finally crashing with an out of memory error.

    We desperately need more information from beta testers who experience this issue, we're not entirely sure if this is occurring due to the abort or if users are trying to close FlashFXP during the transfer and that in turn instructs FlashFXP to send an abort.
  2. We are not aware of any other issues or problems, Please let us know if you find something and we'll be more than happy to look into it.

Last edited by bigstar; 07-11-2011 at 04:46 PM.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Very quick update to 1607 to address a very minor drawing issue in the queue list.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
laager
Junior Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
[*]Improved > Transfer speed when uploading from a slow local device or network device.
You think? Transferring to a Tvix 6500HD has improved from a sustained 2.9MB/s to 4.9MB/s. Nice result.
laager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laager View Post
You think? Transferring to a Tvix 6500HD has improved from a sustained 2.9MB/s to 4.9MB/s. Nice result.
Just posted a very minor update that should increase the speed even more, please let me know, I'd love to know the results.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 02:09 AM   #5
laager
Junior Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 11
Default

Unfortunately, the extra 2MB/s has disappeared with 1608. Back to 2.9MB/s. That's using FTP, not SFTP.
laager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:37 AM   #6
SnoBrdr
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Just posted a very minor update that should increase the speed even more, please let me know, I'd love to know the results.
Have tried to install all betas including 1608.

For some reason it still shows that it is Build 1604.

Tried installing thru live update as well as manually.
SnoBrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by laager View Post
Unfortunately, the extra 2MB/s has disappeared with 1608. Back to 2.9MB/s. That's using FTP, not SFTP.
I'm really not sure why, FTP wasn't touched in this release.

There was just a very minor change within the SFTP upload/download routine, this is completely separate from FTP.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoBrdr View Post
Have tried to install all betas including 1608.

For some reason it still shows that it is Build 1604.

Tried installing thru live update as well as manually.

Have you tried rebooting?
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #9
SnoBrdr
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Have you tried rebooting?
No but I will.

BTW maybe I didn't make it clear, all the releases since 1604 have not shown up.

I also installed Builds 1605, 07 as well as 08.
SnoBrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:18 AM   #10
SnoBrdr
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default

The reboot fixed it.

Never had to reboot before but when I did, I got 5 screens from FlashFXP. They were either a screen that said maintenance was in process (or the like) or that I had finished installation.

But it works.

Can you explain that performance tweak vs security .
SnoBrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #11
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

SnoBrdr

With the new auto install via LiveUpdate some users were experiencing auto reboots as well. Which is not what we wanted to do.

So several builds ago I changed the flag "NoReboot" in the installer to true that basically instructs the installer to never reboot the computer regardless of the situation.

If for whatever reason the installer is unable to replace a file because its in use it will not complete the installation until the computer is manually rebooted.

The installer is supposed to do a check to make sure that FlashFXP isn't already running before continuing, if it is running it should display a prompt.

I did some quick tests and I can confirm that this check does appear to be working and will prevent installation until FlashFXP is closed.

What version of Windows are you using?

Can you please send me a copy of the following two files from your FlashFXP program folder.
  • INSTALL.LOG
  • install.sss
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #12
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester
 
bigstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 8,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoBrdr View Post
Can you explain that performance tweak vs security .
ArcFour via Wikipedia

AES va Wikipedia

AES is more secure than ArcFour, but ArcFour is faster than AES.

ArcFour could be better suited for LANs where very strong encryption isn't needed.

This of course is specific to SFTP.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #13
SnoBrdr
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
SnoBrdr

With the new auto install via LiveUpdate some users were experiencing auto reboots as well. Which is not what we wanted to do.

So several builds ago I changed the flag "NoReboot" in the installer to true that basically instructs the installer to never reboot the computer regardless of the situation.

If for whatever reason the installer is unable to replace a file because its in use it will not complete the installation until the computer is manually rebooted.

The installer is supposed to do a check to make sure that FlashFXP isn't already running before continuing, if it is running it should display a prompt.

I did some quick tests and I can confirm that this check does appear to be working and will prevent installation until FlashFXP is closed.

What version of Windows are you using?

Can you please send me a copy of the following two files from your FlashFXP program folder.
  • INSTALL.LOG
  • install.sss
Win 7 Pro

Attached files
SnoBrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #14
Barough
Senior Member
FlashFXP Beta Tester
 
Barough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 289
Default

Haven't been able 2 notice any MODE Z issues here during my tests. Everything seems to be working fine here.
__________________
- FlashFXP v5.4.0 (Build 3970)
- Windows 7/8.1/10 x64
- Avira AntiVirus Premium
- LAN (100/100Mbit)
Barough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #15
SnoBrdr
Member
FlashFXP Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barough View Post
Haven't been able 2 notice any MODE Z issues here during my tests. Everything seems to be working fine here.
Had Z mode issues in the past but those were fixed as far as I know.
SnoBrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
download, flashfxp, ftp, sftp, transfer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 AM.

Parts of this site powered by vBulletin Mods & Addons from DragonByte Technologies Ltd. (Details)