Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1605

FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1605
  1. Fixed > Transfer > Folder > On list failure the folder would be removed from the queue, instead of being marked as failed.
  2. Change > Toolbars > Buttons > When the desktop is 32bit color the buttons now use a true 32bit alpha channel. Previously the buttons were alpha-blended into the background, this method will still be used for backwards compatibility when 32bit alpha-masks cannot.
  3. Change > Queue List > Item selection is now retained while the control has focus, Selecting another control will clear any item selection.
  4. Improved > HTTP > Error messages, When the error message isn't available directly from FlashFXP we query the OS for the error description.
  5. Improved > FTP/SFTP > The connection failed error message sometimes reported "Connection timeout" in situations where that was clearly not the case, we now display the socket error and the OS error description.
  6. Improved > Input Controls > Added ctrl + Backspace support.
  7. Fixed > Status Window > FlashFXP version info, the text was displayed before the control colors were defined, resulting in the text shown in the wrong color.
  8. Fixed > Preferences > Toolbars > Stretch Background > This feature wasn't taking immediate effect and requiring a restart before the change was applied.
  9. Fixed > Local browser shell icons > In the previous build a change was made that resulted in black backgrounds on some icons when the color depth was less than 32bit.
  10. Fixed > Remote > File List > An access violation after a delete operation.
  11. Improved > Splitters controls > Replaced the existing mouse cursors with the windows standard NS and WE.
  12. Improved > Toolbar > The following buttons will now enable/disable based on the focused control, item selection, and application state (Abort, Refresh, Queue selected, Transfer selected, View File, Edit File).
  13. Changed > Local browser > Information bar > The second row was always intended to display the "name of site/server" so now instead of displaying the current path, the text "Local Browser" is shown.
  14. Fixed > Server > Navigation > drop-down combo-box > Changing the file listing font would clear the drop-down list. The previous fix didn't fix it completely.
  15. Improved the speed of refreshing the current directory from the server, the new code added a couple builds ago had room for improvement.
  16. Added the ability to import sites from FileZilla.
  17. Improved the performance speed and reduced the overhead of a background thread used for calculating the folder size during uploads.
  18. Improved internal FindVCLWindow() function, this function is used during mouse events and added unnecessary overhead by traversing children windows outside the scope of the UI thread.
Please download via Live Update

Known issues:
  1. We are currently investigating an issue where aborting a FTP download with MODE Z enabled results in FlashFXP consuming all available memory before finally crashing with an out of memory error.

We desperately need more information from beta testers who experience this issue, we're not entirely sure if this is occurring due to the abort or if users are trying to close FlashFXP during the transfer and that in turn instructs FlashFXP to send an abort.
  2. We are not aware of any other issues or problems, Please let us know if you find something and we'll be more than happy to look into it.

Last edited by bigstar; 07-07-2011 at 12:49 PM.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:50 AM   #2
ecksteinn
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Hey bigstar, "sort by file extension" on server side doesn't work no more since a few releases
ecksteinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksteinn View Post
Hey bigstar, "sort by file extension" on server side doesn't work no more since a few releases
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I have confirmed the issue and a fix will be included in the next release.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:47 AM   #4
rco133
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Hi.

When I enter a folder on a remote server, the slider at the bottom of the folder pane doesn't work.

I can see Name, Size and Date, but the rest I can't see. And I can't use the slider at the bottom to see the rest of the columns.

Using Win XP with SP3 in case that has any influence on the issue.

I also have Auto sizing enabled. If I disable Auto sizing the slider at the bottom seems to start working.

If I switch away from FlashFXP and back, the slider also seems to start working.

rco133
rco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by rco133 View Post
Hi.

When I enter a folder on a remote server, the slider at the bottom of the folder pane doesn't work.

I can see Name, Size and Date, but the rest I can't see. And I can't use the slider at the bottom to see the rest of the columns.

Using Win XP with SP3 in case that has any influence on the issue.

I also have Auto sizing enabled. If I disable Auto sizing the slider at the bottom seems to start working.

If I switch away from FlashFXP and back, the slider also seems to start working.

rco133
Would it be possible to provide a screenshot so I can see exactly whats going on.

Does the FTP server provide info for the other columns? The columns Owner, Group, and Attrib will auto hide when auto sizing is on if the columns do not contain any information.

I am not seeing this problem on XP SP3 on a VM which leads me to believe it might be a drawing issue, if you position a window over part of the list view and then move it away does the part that was hidden redraw and appear correct?
Old 07-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I believe I have found and fixed the issue, I will be releasing a new build.

Thanks for your bug reports!

Tags
download, error, flashfxp, ftp, improved