Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1601

FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1601

1. This release should resolve all of the oddities that appeared out of nowhere in build 1599.
Download via LiveUpdate
Old 06-28-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
ingeharry
FlashFXP Beta Tester

When I upload a newer file to replace an old file, the file is transferred, but the file's date and time in the remote filelisting is not updated. Refresh doesn't update the time and date in the filelisting either. If I change remote directory and then go back, or if I log off and back on, the date/time is correct.

Last edited by ingeharry; 06-28-2011 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 06-29-2011, 12:16 PM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

ingeharry Thank you for your bug report,

I have confirmed the issue and I will be releasing an update in a day or two to address it.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:04 PM   #4
benjamin3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Lets report another bug/issue, i cant remove via "DEL" button on keyboard all files if i keep on the key , in earlier versions this always worked.

just queue 20 files, and try removing one file, and keep DEL button pressed. im not able to delete all, it always jumps back and deletes the marking of the file, thats why the others cant get removed.

please fix, i try to reproduce this, cause i tried to remove files during some aborting of site connect and we know that if you sometimes use some options or functions during some connection abort funny things happen ;-)

regards
Old 06-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
benjamin3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

another bug, you delete not in the queue, but on the normal server site, and e.g. you mark 10 files, you delete them, the files getting deleted, but the files below those marked files are jumping up and finally 20 other files are "finally" marked (after the delete of the other ones)

wasnt a problem in earlier versions , please fix too ;-)
Old 06-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #6
benjamin3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Ah and this annoying queue deletion problem is reproducable , it's just useless if you keep pressing your delete key and you cant fast delete wrong queued file.. sorry this is annoying ;-(
Old 06-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

There appears to be issues with the local, remote, and queue list-views due to the changes that were made, these selection issues were quite unexpected but I am currently working to get them resolved.

The problem in detail revolves around owner-data list-view controls, when you switch to owner-data mode the item selection/focus states are still managed by the list-view controls however when the list content changes such as removing and/or reordering items the selection/focus states don't follow.

For example if the item at index 10 is selected and item 9 is deleted then item that is now item 10 is selected instead of the item at 9.

list-view controls have a way of defining callbacks so that the application can then manage the selection/focus states however these callbacks aren't supported by all versions of Windows. It wasn't until a couple builds ago that I realized this issue so I did away with the callback method and opted for a new solution, however my new solution didn't take into account every possible situation.

In FlashFXP v4.0 the method used to keep track of which items were selected/focused was managed in a different way and from extensive performance profiling I realized that the method created a huge performance bottleneck.

My goal was to eliminate these bottlenecks to make FlashFXP as fast as possible, The road has been rough but we're almost to the end. I know that once these few remaining issues are resolved it will be worth it.
Closed Thread

Tags
1601, 4.1, build, download, flashfxp