Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1594

FlashFXP 4.1 Build 1594 (beta)

1. Fixed > Prefernces dialog > Expire folder cache value box became disabled when toggling the other 2 cache related options.
  2. Fixed > Toolbar > Classic buttons > the button edge wasn't blended correctly in the previous build when using the modern style and the default windows themed background.
  3. Added > Preferences > Interface > Toolbar > Stretch background, When checked, the background image is stretched to appear as a single seamless image between the top and bottom toolbars.
  4. Added > Remote edit history, when editing remote files the details for each edit is stored and then restored on connect, the temporary file is not kept locally, the file is re-downloaded for any edit.
  5. Added > Active Edits dialog > Double clicking on an item in the list triggers the re-edit action.
  6. Added > Preferences > View and Edit File > Remember edit history. This option allows the user to turn off the edit history feature.
  7. Fixed > Queue > Typically the queue prevents the user from accidently adding the same item to the queue multiple times, this was broken in the previous build.
  8. Added > Ctrl + W shortcut to toggle synchronized browsing on/off.
  9. Fixed > File lists > pre XP operating systems > The column headers were missing their captions.
  10. Fixed > Local browser > A several bug reports indicated that I neglected to add proper checking around two routines in the event of a failure. This should now be solved.
  11. Fixed > Local browser > column sizing when the type column is visible.
  12. Updated > SFTP engine to the latest version.

Update available via LiveUpdate
Old 06-13-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Not sure when this changed but I've got a black background for the console and this text can be cut/pasted from the console or the console popup window:
Code:
FlashFXP 4.1.0 (build 1594) [BETA]
Support Forums http://forum.flashfxp.com
However I ONLY see the http://forum.flashfxp.com text (indented) in the console unless I click around and try to highlight a region to see the rest, and the popup console window doesn't even show the text if highlighted but somehow it can cut/paste it correctly...
Old 06-13-2011, 07:57 PM   #3
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Hmm. I have list set to 'STAT -L', and then 'list hidden (-al)' but it's giving me stat -alT. I'm guessing it probably shouldn't do that... Oh, what's weird is I was feeding lots of tricky list/stat lines and I was ending up with the command appending the 'T' on the end of my line and not after the - args. I.e. 'list *foo*' was turning into 'STAT *foo*T' which is just wrong...
Old 06-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #4
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

If you 'list -al <path-invalid-chars>' that gets sent as 'stat -al <path-invalid-chars>' which is fine, but when the server rejects the bad path with a 501 error flash goes ahead and tries to send a port/list for the path again. I'm not sure that's a bad idea, but if that's intended it should be trying pasv/list and not port/list first.

Is there a way to get around list->stat conversion in the very rare cases where I want to do it all manually? I can't think anybody else would, but when testing ioFTPD I sometimes intentionally break things to see what happens
Old 06-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
Not sure when this changed but I've got a black background for the console and this text can be cut/pasted from the console or the console popup window:
Code:
FlashFXP 4.1.0 (build 1594) [BETA]
Support Forums http://forum.flashfxp.com
However I ONLY see the http://forum.flashfxp.com text (indented) in the console unless I click around and try to highlight a region to see the rest, and the popup console window doesn't even show the text if highlighted but somehow it can cut/paste it correctly...
I'm not aware of any changes that could of caused this, you can fix the status window colors via the Preferences dialog > Interface > Colors > Status Window.

Quote:
Hmm. I have list set to 'STAT -L', and then 'list hidden (-al)' but it's giving me stat -alT. I'm guessing it probably shouldn't do that... Oh, what's weird is I was feeding lots of tricky list/stat lines and I was ending up with the command appending the 'T' on the end of my line and not after the - args. I.e. 'list *foo*' was turning into 'STAT *foo*T' which is just wrong...
FlashFXP will auto detect if the server supports the T parameter and include it where necessary.

Are you sending STAT directly via a raw command or using it as the list command with parameters?

Update

The T parameter should only be added when performing the list command, a raw command "STAT" should not include it, I did notice that there is a bug the logic for including the T, it should not be included if the STAT parameters contain a space.

Quote:
If you 'list -al <path-invalid-chars>' that gets sent as 'stat -al <path-invalid-chars>' which is fine, but when the server rejects the bad path with a 501 error flash goes ahead and tries to send a port/list for the path again. I'm not sure that's a bad idea, but if that's intended it should be trying pasv/list and not port/list first.

Is there a way to get around list->stat conversion in the very rare cases where I want to do it all manually? I can't think anybody else would, but when testing ioFTPD I sometimes intentionally break things to see what happens
When you use LIST via raw commands it is interpreted as a list request and is converted to use whatever you have defined as your list command in the site manager.

To simply life for users and us it was done this way, though it probably should be done as "&list" and allow LIST to be sent directly, we opted to just pass LIST to our list handler routine which uses the settings defined by the site. I recall prior to this many customers couldn't figure out why the raw command LIST didn't work, its not so obvious that there's a lot more going on in the background than just sending a single command.

Last edited by bigstar; 06-14-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I think you missed the odd thing that flash was doing in my bad pathname test. LIST -> STAT fine, and when stat returned a failure code flash re-issued the command using LIST. I presume that's a feature, BUT it used PORT/LIST when the site is setup for PASV/LIST. My guess is that the same code that fails over to PORT after 2(?) PASV list failures is kicking in or something. If it's supposed to failover to LIST after a STAT 5xx error it should honor the site's active/passive transfer rules.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #7
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
I think you missed the odd thing that flash was doing in my bad pathname test. LIST -> STAT fine, and when stat returned a failure code flash re-issued the command using LIST. I presume that's a feature, BUT it used PORT/LIST when the site is setup for PASV/LIST. My guess is that the same code that fails over to PORT after 2(?) PASV list failures is kicking in or something. If it's supposed to failover to LIST after a STAT 5xx error it should honor the site's active/passive transfer rules.
When you use the STAT cmd the passive mode value isn't defined by the function and it will always be port mode regardless of the site settings.

This is an easy change and I'll include it in the next release.
Closed Thread

Tags
added, edit, fixed, flashfxp, sftp