Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Old 05-10-2011, 05:17 AM   #1
SnoBrdr
FlashFXP Registered User

Default Continuing issues with Beta 4.1

This is a ongoing issue with what appears to be SSL transfers.

In this case I am using Explicit SSL (AUTH SSL) but it happens with any type of SSL transfer.

I am using Windows 7 Pro X64.

FlashFXP 4.1.0 Build 1574 but it is not specific to this build.

In this instance I transferred 25 files, 18 of them finished short. Had to manually go back and finish the files.

I have attached a .rar file with the session logs. If more info is needed please let me know and I will provide it.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 2011-05-10_05.39.52.RAR (5.8 KB, 145 views)
SnoBrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Please turn off mode z compression and see if that resolves the issue, there were some corruption issues related to this feature in previous builds but I was under the impression that the issue had been resolved.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
SnoBrdr
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Please turn off mode z compression and see if that resolves the issue, there were some corruption issues related to this feature in previous builds but I was under the impression that the issue had been resolved.
Turning off Z Mode helps with the short files but I also observed that the speed using the 4.1 Beta is very slow. If I connect to the same site using v 3.x, I get my normal speeds.

If I switch to build 1548, the speeds are also normal.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Is 3.x using mode z? After further examination of your logs I noticed that you were uploading. I haven't touched the mode z code for uploads, thus far only the mode z download code has been changed.

What speed are you comparing?

The transfer speed when using mode z is not accurate in previous versions.

We've changed the way the speed is calculated with the following line so it will not be anywhere near what you see in previous releases. "Transferred 10 Files (164 KB) in 0.13 seconds (164.4 KB/s)"

The old method combined the speed of each transfer to calculate the time elapsed which is used to calculate the speed, the problem was that this method failed to take into account transfers less than 1 second which skewed the results, the logic measures the time it took from start to finish of the entire queue.

Please set your TCP/IP buffer size to default and see if this makes any difference, this change must be made while not connected to any sites, if you are connected the change doesn't take effect until the next login.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
SnoBrdr
FlashFXP Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Is 3.x using mode z? After further examination of your logs I noticed that you were uploading. I haven't touched the mode z code for uploads, thus far only the mode z download code has been changed.

What speed are you comparing?

The transfer speed when using mode z is not accurate in previous versions.

We've changed the way the speed is calculated with the following line so it will not be anywhere near what you see in previous releases. "Transferred 10 Files (164 KB) in 0.13 seconds (164.4 KB/s)"

The old method combined the speed of each transfer to calculate the time elapsed which is used to calculate the speed, the problem was that this method failed to take into account transfers less than 1 second which skewed the results, the logic measures the time it took from start to finish of the entire queue.

Please set your TCP/IP buffer size to default and see if this makes any difference, this change must be made while not connected to any sites, if you are connected the change doesn't take effect until the next login.
I am not using Z mode in any of the transfers in either v3.x or 4.x

The speeds I am talking about are 25-100K using the Beta as opposed to over 500K using v3.x

The TCP/IP buffer is already set to the default.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:33 AM   #6
SnoBrdr
FlashFXP Registered User

It all appears fixed, thanks to the Development Team for a job well done.

Tags
build, files, flashfxp, manually, ssl