Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #16
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Is it the exact same error as before? I am quite stumped by this issue, I've tested on 7 different computers running windows 7, The only thing I can think of is perhaps there's something specific to your windows configuration thats preventing it from working correctly.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
jamng
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Yep same error. No idea what the problem is. If I use the regular Windows Explorer on this machine and do a right click and tell it to open with WMP it works fine so I'm not sure what could be preventing it from working right.

I got excited when 1588 fixed the problem for me accidentally .

I wouldn't worry too much about it if I'm the only one reporting it. It's been broken for me for awhile and I have a workaround which is to use VLC.

I'll happily test any beta images and report back or if you'd prefer to avoid the clutter and close the thread I can unicast you if we get lucky again for some reason .
jamng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #18
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I been trying to break or even to verify this issue, I would need more information on your flashfxp options menu>file associations and how your actual video files are associated in windows... screenshots would be good. Cheers
Old 06-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #19
jamng
FlashFXP Beta Tester

There's nothing in Options Menu->File Associations under FlashFXP. In Windows, everything (wma, avi, mkv, mp4, you name it) it is set to VLC at the moment because anything that points to WMP fails through FlashFXP but not Windows Explorer. Since I use FlashFXP as a file browser for manipulating and launching files I got tired of the errors and set everything to VLC as I kept forgetting FlashFXP doesn't work for me.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:47 AM   #20
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

can you set the FlashFxp file associations and try wit the latest 1596 build?

Your windows explorer associations with exception of the unsupported files like mkv should be set to WMP just in case.

When its done please post your results with screenshots.

see my attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Videos Launched inside FlashFXP is Broken-capture-png  
Old 06-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #21
jamng
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Here's the file associations as indicated. I only set the first one but I can set up the 2nd and 3rd lines if you really think it is necessary.

It wouldn't allow me to insert the picture directly for some reason. I zipped it and attached it. I reset the associations in windows and it results in the FlashFXP Error file (Server Execution). This happens for all video files for me. It is the same error whether they're set in windows or whether I just tell it to Open with WMP.

Sorry for 2 files.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FlashFXP.zip (38.8 KB, 127 views)
File Type: zip FlashFXP-Error.zip (48.5 KB, 125 views)
Old 06-21-2011, 05:28 AM   #22
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I give this is definitely very likely something odd and unique to your machine, my Windows 7 64 bit host and my 32/64 bit vm's all work ok not just windows 7...

Which lead me to the conclusion it has to be something with your setup/machine. I cant make it do that with 4.0 and upwards.

can you try on a VM or something...

Last edited by X3; 06-21-2011 at 05:59 AM.
X3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #23
jamng
FlashFXP Beta Tester

I'm not sure how a VM would matter? This is on my desktop and it isn't likely to be replaced by a VM.

I don't doubt that Bigstar and you don't have a problem. I don't have a problem believing its something specific to this machine but as I said, I can open up a Windows Explorer box and navigate to the same exact file that fails in FlashFXP and tell it to use WMP and it'll work just fine. That tells me that something in this machine with the interaction between FlashFXP and WMP isn't working for me. If I associate it with VLC, FlashFXP launches that same video just fine. I have no idea why.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #24
X3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

and you... are a beta tester? A VM would matter to try and find the cause... thats what beta testers do besides posting problems.

Testing this on a virtual machine with a clean install would surely go a long way to help determine where the problem may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamng
I'm not sure how a VM would matter? This is on my desktop and it isn't likely to be replaced by a VM.
A VM is not suppose to replace your desktop or even OS, but rather it runs side by side like an application, so I don't understand your comment.

I would appreciate your testing this on a VM to help the debugging, since we both beta testers It would be nice if we could work together and be on same page...

having said that 1598 is out...

Last edited by X3; 06-23-2011 at 10:38 AM.
X3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avi, broken, flashfxp, launch, wmp