Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.1 beta feedback Please post all 4.1 beta comments, suggestions and bug reports in this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Default FlashFXP 4.1 BETA build 1561

Changelog
  1. Added En-queue Delete/Rename support to the local browser right-click menu.
  2. Fixed a couple issues with the secure connection indicator on the status-bar where the actual status didn't always reflect the indicator status and clicking in the indicator area could sometimes trigger the certificate display when the indicator was not displayed.
  3. Fixed an connection attempt timeout issue, when connecting to a SFTP site FlashFXP would report a transfer failure error even though no transfer was in progress.
  4. Fixed FTP active mode connection issue that could sometimes result in a failed connection.
  5. Changed the transfer complete status line for transfers completed in 1 second or less.
  6. Changed the queue completed "transferred" status line to only be displayed if a transfer is performed and the average speed is now based on the duration of the queue.
  7. Reworked the internal TCP/IP routines to provide improved performance as well as to scale based on the system hardware.
  8. Some secure FTP servers require a delay after issuing the CCC (Clear command channel) command before they'll be able to recognize clear text, In some cases the delay used by FlashFXP wasn't long enough, this delay has been increased to improve compatibility. Most noticeably FlashFXP would appear to hang during login when sending the CLNT command because this is the next command sent after CCC.
  9. Optimized the server file cache 'save to disk thread', when the internal cache becomes full the data is then relocated to the disk drive in a batch mode but the method wasn't optimal causing the UI to appear frozen during the relocation.
  10. Reversed the changes to the 'edit file' feature that were done in back in build 1548.
  11. Fixed HTTP Proxy connection issue where in some cases 1 byte of the stream data was mistakenly treated as part of the HTTP headers.
  12. Simplified HTTP Proxy connection failure error messages.
  13. relocated the "Show active edits window when editing" option to the "View and Edit file" section.
  14. Fixed an OpenSSL issue with some servers when using AUTH SSL.
  15. Fixed remote tree-view icons lacking proper transparency, this was noticeable with a custom background color or if disconnected.
  16. Remote View and Edit now use separate temporary folders so that viewing a file after an edit doesn't trigger a file change notification to upload.
  17. Added 'Schedule At' under Queue on the main menu, previously this was only available via the queue window right-click menu.
  18. Fixed bookmark synchronized browsing issue.
  19. Fixed list and file transfer timeout after 2 minutes.
  20. The custom TCP/IP Buffer sizes weren't being applied correctly. If you're seeing poor performance now please reset your TCP/IP buffer size to default.

Download Link
Download FlashFXP 4.1 BETA Build 1561

Feedback
Please post feedback for this beta release in this thread. Do not create a new thread.

Happy Easter

Update

Doh..

build 1559 was replaced with build 1560 due to a serious issue with ssl file transfers over wireless networks. Hopefully its fixed now, if not please let me know. Thanks.

Oh yeah

Love the bunny, its the bugs that drive me crazy :S

Update #2
Released build 1561 this update removes a debug beep that was accidentally left in place by accident.

Last edited by bigstar; 04-22-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:18 AM   #2
benjamin3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

There's a bug , in 1560 , i get "taskhost.exe" running on high cpu after connecting to a specific ssl site , therefore getting high cpu usage the whole process is getting f... up my OS so i have to quick kick the process. the first time i waitied 30mins but i wasnt able to proper shutdown/restart my OS .

its reproducable all time ;-)

regards

update: well i tried to reproduce right now but this time with only one ffxp.exe session, the first time i had another session started first , and the second session produced the behaviour during connect to the site.

funny aint.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:32 AM   #3
benjamin3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Ok update: it is reproducable and your soundcard is also making you gonna freakin out while this error occurs your soundcard does "beep beep beep.." funny. first i thought cool finally a virus here ;-)

this error occurs if you first connect to the first site, start your download or whatever then open with F12 another session and connect to another one , then you will run into that annoying error.

please fix .. if it's the stuff ppl ran in 1559 . it's just not fixed then ;-)

regards/thanks
ben

just keep an eye on TASKHOST.EXE process this getting 100% cpu usage , you are not able to kill the ffxp.exe process if you wait too long.

Last edited by benjamin3; 04-22-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:41 AM   #4
benjamin3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Btw , is this strange issue also fixed in the latest version where a file is just getting skipped "instead" of getting resumed? i experienced that a lot of times where the resume settings are properly set but ffxp just skips the file saying "same file exists already" instead of resuming the file ?

just as addition, i had this question for about 2-3months but i was too lazy to post here.

regards
Old 04-22-2011, 06:44 AM   #5
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I have updated the download to build 1561, this update removes a debugging beep that was accidentally left in the release. This beep should never get triggered, oddly enough that you experienced it. It occurred when a specific condition was triggered indicating a critical error in the socket message handler.

Hopefully this explains the high cpu usage in taskhost.exe, otherwise I can't explain this behavior.

benjamin3 what is your windows operating system and hardware configuration?

Last edited by bigstar; 04-22-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin3 View Post
Btw , is this strange issue also fixed in the latest version where a file is just getting skipped "instead" of getting resumed? i experienced that a lot of times where the resume settings are properly set but ffxp just skips the file saying "same file exists already" instead of resuming the file ?
I would need to see your transfer rules and a copy of the session log to determine the exact cause for the file being skipped. I'm not certain whether or not this has been fixed, if you continue to experience the problem please let me know and provide the information above.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:56 AM   #7
benjamin3
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Thx, lets see how 1561 will work, btw. every 3-4 releases always this annoying I/O Error 145 is coming during update or afterwards. when are you goigng to fix this?

btw. my OS win7_64bit_sp1 , latest updates .

regards
Old 04-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

The 2 minute command timer isn't being reset in some cases.

Login, sit there for 2+ minutes nothing happens. Login, type 'site who' and wait 2 minutes and get disconnected. In fact, type 'site who' and 2 minutes later even with other command being entered you get disconnected.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #9
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Thank you Yil,

I have confirmed the issue, It appears that in some cases the timer isn't being turned off.

I will be posting an update shortly.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:14 AM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin3 View Post
Thx, lets see how 1561 will work, btw. every 3-4 releases always this annoying I/O Error 145 is coming during update or afterwards. when are you goigng to fix this?

btw. my OS win7_64bit_sp1 , latest updates .

regards
Can you tell if the I/O Error is occurring within FlashFXP or the installer?

I looked through both FlashFXP and the installer and at the moment I am unable to determine where this error is being triggered.

I/O Error 145 indicates "The directory is not empty."

I have no idea in what context its being triggered, I suspect perhaps maybe in relation to a RemoveDirectory call but I'm not seeing any that would cause this issue.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #11
Barough
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Had 2 revert back to the latest stable build due to that with 1561 it's not possible to upload anything. I've talked with 2 others also that tested Build 156x and they had the same problem. They also ended up with reverting back to Build 1548.

I've tested with clean installs of 156x also but it's the same thing.
- LAN (100/100Mbit)
Old 04-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #12
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Was that due to the timeout error or is there another bug that I am not aware of?

Can you please explain the problem you experienced that made it impossible to upload anything?
Old 04-25-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

FlashFXP 4.1 BETA Build 1562 has been released.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #14
Barough
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
Was that due to the timeout error or is there another bug that I am not aware of?

Can you please explain the problem you experienced that made it impossible to upload anything?
Seems to be something else. Build 1562 didn't help @ all.

From my tests now so does it work ok with Gene6 servers but not with Serv-U.

The error msg i get when uploading to a Serv-U sever is
426 Data connection closed, error decompressing data stream.

I will try and contact the server Admin and see if i can get what version of Serv-U that's being used.

[EDIT]
Just did a test with FileZilla v3.4.0 and that worked just fine with Gene6 and Serv-U
- LAN (100/100Mbit)

Last edited by Barough; 04-25-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barough View Post
Seems to be something else. Build 1562 didn't help @ all.

From my tests now so does it work ok with Gene6 servers but not with Serv-U.

The error msg i get when uploading to a Serv-U sever is
426 Data connection closed, error decompressing data stream.

I will try and contact the server Admin and see if i can get what version of Serv-U that's being used.

[EDIT]
Just did a test with FileZilla v3.4.0 and that worked just fine with Gene6 and Serv-U
Are you using MODE Z compression? perhaps thats where the error is coming from? Thats the only thing I can think of related to decompressing the data stream.

I was not aware of any issues with MODE Z but if you can confirm that is the case I will look into this issue in the morning.

BTW MODE Z can be disabled globally or per-site to confirm the issue.
Closed Thread

Tags
download, fixed, flashfxp, ftp, sftp, upload