Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.0 RC 3 Use this forum to ask questions, make suggestions, or provide feedback for FlashFXP 4.0 RC 3.

Old 11-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
Seth_Torkko
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Default 4.0.1504 Task E-Mail Customization Requests

In setting up scheduled tasks to automate downloads of data files for our end user data analysts, I've come up with a couple of requests:

1] I'd like the ability to change the Subject of the notification E-Mails.

For example:
[FlashFXP] Task completed: Data File Daily Download - FTPS

My users don't know or care what [FlashFXP] is. It would be more meaningful if I could change that to something else like the server name FlashFXP is running on.

[Datacomm] Task completed: Data File Daily Download - FTPS

2] I'd also like things like the skip log in the E-Mail to have more clear verbiage.

[2010-11-30 10:41:42 am] [Download] [Daily Download] [rule:1 equal] "C:\temp\testfile1.zip" "/testfile1.zip"
[2010-11-30 10:41:43 am] [Download] [Daily Download] [rule:1 equal] "C:\temp\testfile2.zip" "/testfile2.zip"

I know what that means because I created the rule. It would be more obvious to the end user if it said something like:

The following files were skipped due to the source and destination files having the same date/time stamp:
[2010-11-30 10:41:42 am] [Download] [Task: Daily Download] [rule:1 equal] "C:\temp\testfil1e.zip" "/testfile1.zip"
[2010-11-30 10:41:43 am] [Download] [Task: Daily Download] [rule:1 equal] "C:\temp\testfile2.zip" "/testfile2.zip"

Thanks for your consideration.
Seth_Torkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The emails are prefixed with [FlashFXP] to allow easy filtering based on subject.

I could add an additional field something like "Subject prefix" where FlashFXP would be default and could then be replaced with a custom string.

The log file format is intended to be rather specific so that it could be easily parsed by an external application.

I'm not quite sure how adding "Task:" to the site name field improves readability, given that all items being skipped are part of the scheduled task. Unless you're suggesting that the site name field be replaced with the name of the scheduled task, but that would cause some issues where queues contain multiple sites and it would be difficult to know which specific site is which.

We can look at refining these but more clarity is needed.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
Seth_Torkko
FlashFXP Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
I could add an additional field something like "Subject prefix" where FlashFXP would be default and could then be replaced with a custom string.
Something like that would be perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
I'm not quite sure how adding "Task:" to the site name field improves readability
Yes you're right. Ignore the second part of the second part.

I still think that some pre-log verbiage regarding why the skip/rename happened might be helpful.

The following files were skipped due to the source and destination files having the same date/time stamp:

The following files were renamed due to the source and destination files having the same filename:

I'm just thinking ahead, knowing my users...trying to head off calls of "What's going on with the files?".

It's not a big deal at the end of the day.

Thanks!
Seth_Torkko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
data, download, flashfxp, ftps, [download]