Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.0 RC 3 Use this forum to ask questions, make suggestions, or provide feedback for FlashFXP 4.0 RC 3.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Default Dialog prompts

Any chance you could provide a mechanism for using []'s in the dialog prompts for custom commands? %d[] thinks it's finished the prompt when it finds the first ']'. Perhaps allow \ as an escape so \] would show up as ] and not terminate the prompt? \n is already handling newlines...

It's hard to write syntax style reminders like {one|of} <named_arg> [optional] if you can't, err, use a ] in the string...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:10 AM   #2
Linkster
Administrator

Not that i don't agree that a \ escape would work, but for your example, wouldn't (optional) also be acceptable? Or does () have the same problem as []?
Linkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Yes I can add support allowing \] to escape ] for text within the prompt.
bigstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Thanks. Actually ()'s don't work for implying optional items. I don't really have a clue where the argument syntax I use to document stuff comes from, it's not pure BNF but some sort of hybrid shorthand so you can put it all on one line instead of on multiple. []'s under BNF, unix manpages, etc always denote optional args so there really isn't much choice there. | separates one-of style expressions but I use {}'s instead of plain ()'s like BNF would do to group the terms. <>'s denote named args which imply user input in my shorthand, but under BNF denote a defined term which when followed through ends up in a list of valid chars for the term.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:47 AM   #5
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

I've written up maybe 50 commands so far under RC3 for ioFTPD commands, and it's working well. I've exported subsections, and then imported them to make copies of the stuff elsewhere and it's all working fine. Only trivial (not worth fixing) issue is the bounding box for newly entered groups is too small. Probably calculated off the non-bold text or something, but it's fine after clicking anywhere else and going back.

If you wanted a wishlist (and this would only affect like 5-10 people I bet) it would be the ability to highlight multiple items and move them as a group instead of having to do it one by one if you decide to re-categorize things later. Or delete multiple items at a time...

A useful feature would also include importing into the current location as well. I got confused when exporting/importing the first time because it got added to the top and I had so many entries I couldn't tell where it got loaded so I thought it didn't... No big thing, but it would be useful to not have to move the items after importing them.

Oh, and this IS important. I've found myself using 01. xxx to like 15. yyy or something just to keep certain things in order because it makes sense to think of them that way. Is it necessary to have it alphabetical or could you just have it in the order entered and allow adjustments? Could maybe have the popup have a "sort" option so you could do it manually if needed... If you think about it, it's likely that you do want certain things on top when using commands from a highlighted file/dir and not alphabetical all the time.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

The treeview control I use is buggy when handling multi-select, I've made several attempts to get it working properly but failed, Maybe this is something I can resolve for 4.1.

I can turn off alpha-sorting and allow drag/drop re-ordering.

I can change the import to import under to the selected group.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

3/4 of the way there. I tried 1502 out and \] doesn't close the dialog prompt field text but it does show up as \] instead of just ]... I suppose that means \] would actually be hard to enter without using \ as a proper escape and processing \\ as \ but I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's far more useful to have the ability to use ]'s than to worry about the rare, if ever, used \] case.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:41 AM   #8
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Only a closing bracket ] within the actual prompt needs to be escaped.

Using the following syntax everything appears to work for me:

SITE CMD %d[Command [optional\] text] blah

In addtion I plan on adding a new method so that escaping isn't needed, instead the entire text would be quoted as shown below

SITE CMD %d["Command [optional] text"] blah
Old 11-23-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
Yil
Too much time...
FlashFXP Beta Tester
ioFTPD Administrator

Hmm, mine are showing up wrong. It appears that [text\] shows up as [text] but [ text \] shows up as [ text \]. Not sure if it just applies to a space before the \] or not but the preceding character makes a difference...
Old 11-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #10
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I found a mistake in my routine where only the first set of brackets gets the \ stripped

In the below example it renders fine

SITE CMD %d[Command [ optional \] text] blah

but if you did...

SITE CMD %d[Command [AA\] [ BB \] text] blah

...only the first set of brackets strips the \ and the extra padding doesn't seem to effect the parser.

Tags
dialog, handling, hard, prompt, prompts