Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.0 RC 2 Use this forum to ask questions, make suggestions, or provide feedback for FlashFXP 4.0 RC 2.

Old 10-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
cdun2

Question Email Messaging and Unattended Execution

I have some questions realted to Email messaging and unattended execution:

1. I ran a test to create a failure (I renamed the local directory, and ran the schedule without changing the Queue file). The fail.log file and session.log file accounted for the failue, but the initial Status indicated 'Successful'. A status like this would be hugely misleading. Is there any way to control that message to indicate failure?

2. Can a schedule execute a queue without launching the application? Can destination files be overwritten without prompting? We need for the schedule to run and for notifications to occur unattended.

Thank you again for your help!

cdun2
Old 10-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

1. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This appears to be a bug in the logic when expanding a folder to queue the content, if the folder doesn't exist the status flag wasn't being updated to indicate an error occurred. This will be addressed in the next update.

2. The application must be run to process the transfer queue, it runs in the background and is minimized to the system tray area.

You can configure per site or schedule rules to automatically overwrite if the file exists.

From the task scheduler dialog > File Transfer Rules (Use existing rules or Use custom rules) when custom rules is selected the custom rules button will become enabled.

Our scheduling system is quite new and we haven't had much feedback from it, If you have any suggestions or requests please let me know and I will take them into consideration.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
cdun2

Thanks. When is your next update scheduled?

cdun2
Old 10-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

It will probably be released within the next few days.

I need time to do some thorough testing on the task scheduler, just in case there are more not-so-obvious issues.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
cdun2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
It will probably be released within the next few days.

I need time to do some thorough testing on the task scheduler, just in case there are more not-so-obvious issues.
I wanted to check back to see if a fix for the issue mentioned in this thread has been addressed. If so, has it been worked into the current release?

Thank you for your help.

cdun2
Old 11-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #6
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

These changes were made and released to beta testers, At this time only beta/registered users have access to this release.

A couple unrelated issues are holding up a public beta release.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #7
cdun2

Thank you for your help.

cdun2

Tags
file, messaging, queue, schedule, unattended