Go Back   FlashFXP Forums > > > >

FlashFXP 4.0 RC 2 Use this forum to ask questions, make suggestions, or provide feedback for FlashFXP 4.0 RC 2.

Old 10-04-2010, 06:04 AM   #1
wolfien

Default slow download speed

Hi!

I recently tryed flashfxp 4.0 rc2(build 1475) and I notice my download speed is quite slow. The max speed I can reach is 120k/sec. ( my connection max out at 350). Using other ftp software on the same site I can reach my max speed. The ftp im connecting to is a SSL ftp if that matters. I also try using flashfxp 3 and give the same "slow" result.. Is there any settings to change in flashfxp to reach my maximum speed?? Or is that a problem regarding the software??

Thank you.

Wolfien-
Old 10-04-2010, 07:23 AM   #2
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

Hello,

Please try downloading from a couple different servers this will help us determine if the problem is a compatibility problem with this specific server or if its an issue effecting all servers.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #3
wolfien

Quote:
Please try downloading from a couple different servers this will help us determine if the problem is a compatibility problem with this specific server or if its an issue effecting all servers
After doing some testing, non secure ftp seems to be ok. Downloading average of 330k/ sec over 10 megs files.

So the problem seems to be related with secure ftp? I tryed to look for some public SSL ftp but wasnt able to find any.

Also if it can helps, the server im connecting too is using Drftpd

Thanks.

Wolfien-
Old 10-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer
FlashFXP Administrator
ioFTPD Beta Tester

I conducted about 2 dozen tests with 5 different FTP servers using SSL and was not able to determine any performance problems with SSL transfers, though none of my test sites are using DrFTPD.

It could be a compatibility issue with drFTPD or perhaps the site was at its peak speed and was unable to download at your maximum speed. When you tested with another FTP client was it immediately before or after testing with FlashFXP?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
wolfien

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstar View Post
When you tested with another FTP client was it immediately before or after testing with FlashFXP?
I did multiple test over the last week before writting here. Its a "constant problem", flashfxp max out at around 120k on this verry specific site. While other ftp client, right before or after, max out my connection.

I was playing with the option and notice the tcp receive buffer option. Can this change anything on trasfert speed? Right now Im on default (auto) setting.

Thanks for the support!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:26 AM   #6
MxxCon
Super Duper
FlashFXP Beta Tester

yes, play around with different buffer settings. sometimes larger or smaller values can improve performance. restart flashfxp after each change.

Tags
download, flashfxp, ftp, max, speed